Is CSG Always Accurate?

I am trying to quote 78 year old woman in TX zip 76053

The strange thing is Equitable For plan G shows $152.50 and Plan N shows $173.25 both ultimate. I checked 3x thought maybe that was level 2 but it is not

Could the plan N be higher than plan G?

It is possible that csg is correct on this one. I had a a few scenarios in IN where Equitables G was lower than their N...

Sometimes carriers (their actuaries) do make errors and no one catches it until the rates are published. I seem to recall BCBSGA having some mis-priced plans a few years ago.

Plan N should always be less than G. In these examples how does G compare to F? If the G plan is way underpriced (compared to F) then the problem is in the G rate, not N.

Sometimes carriers (their actuaries) do make errors and no one catches it until the rates are published. I seem to recall BCBSGA having some mis-priced plans a few years ago.

Plan N should always be less than G. In these examples how does G compare to F? If the G plan is way underpriced (compared to F) then the problem is in the G rate, not N.

Sometimes companies will open up a new plan just to be competitive. I dont believe it's an actuarial mistake. It's the shell game that all companies eventually play.
Equitables Plan G was released after F&N were already a few years old here. That is why G is sometimes more competitive than N...

Yes, Equitable was late to the G plan game but I haven't seen a single case where G was less than N. Not saying it doesn't happen but pricing it below N is not intentional.

Could be a scenario that they had horrible experience with N in that area. A couple very sick people and not many sales overall of that plan can make rates adjust disproportionately. But could be an error as well.

Yes, Equitable was late to the G plan game but I haven't seen a single case where G was less than N. Not saying it doesn't happen but pricing it below N is not intentional.

Both male and female, ages 67-71, Plan G is lower or equal to plan N prices in IN. I have seen quite a few companies add a new plan to their book and price it lower than a plan with better benefits. When plan J was stripped of it's rx benefit, there was a few companies the added that to their portfolio at a lower price than any other plan in their book. I think you are mistaken that it is a mistake...:yes::cool:

I had to call CSG because one of my Med Supp companies wasn't showing up, so I asked them. They said that it's correct and they've verified it with Equitable. G is Les than N in Texas because they are late to the game and wanted to be competitive.

Back