Is EZLynx affordable for new start up brokerage?

Hello everyone,

As a new insurance agency owner in New York, I am seeking advice on an affordable and powerful agency management system. As a one-person agency, I am mindful of my budget and would like to find a system that can help me manage my business efficiently without breaking the bank. I am also wondering if it is necessary to have an agency management system from the start or if I can manage without one.

If anyone has any recommendations or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your help.

What type of insurance will you be writing and How much?
Who are your main insurers?

Sure you can start an agency without an AMS system in the begining. But - it might not be worth it - once you really start taking in clients. If you don't have an AMS system how will you keep track of your clients?

I still use my trusty old RadiusBob CRM for my P&C book. Until you get a million in premium on the books, you can't afford much of anything in the way of SaaS. Good thing Excel is still free!

What type of insurance will you be writing and How much?
Who are your main insurers?

Sure you can start an agency without an AMS system in the begining. But - it might not be worth it - once you really start taking in clients. If you don't have an AMS system how will you keep track of your clients?
I think i will be mainly writing personal line like auto, home, umbrella,renter etc. And some commercial truck and fire policy. The main isurers are from SIAA/HVAA https://hvaallc.com/#partners

I think starting I would just use excel sheet and when customer number reach 100 I will start paying for Ezlynx(is this not a good idea?)

Will you be getting downloads? I think download is needed.
Will you use / need a rater? yes

I still use my trusty old RadiusBob CRM for my P&C book. Until you get a million in premium on the books, you can't afford much of anything in the way of SaaS. Good thing Excel is still free!
i was think using excel when i first start, do you have any excel template for insurance i could use?

I think i will be mainly writing personal line like auto, home, umbrella,renter etc. And some commercial truck and fire policy. The main isurers are from SIAA/HVAA https://hvaallc.com/#partners

I think starting I would just use excel sheet and when customer number reach 100 I will start paying for Ezlynx(is this not a good idea?)

Will you be getting downloads? I think download is needed.
Will you use / need a rater? yes

Do NOT do this. I know what you're thinking and I know how it's playing out in your mind. Stop. Don't.

The absolute worst thing you can do at the start is develop bad habits. Not using a management system is a really bad habit in P&C nowadays. The customers will build up and the dread of having to integrate everything you have into a management system will cause you to keep putting it off. This will lead to you to spend more time than necessary on service, which is death for a 1-man show. It's also a bad experience for clients who call in; people can't stand waiting while you're trying dig through your spreadsheets.

I get wanting to keep costs low, but you can't skimp on fundamentals. P&C is a hard market right now. You need to be completely organized and working as hard and efficiently as possible or your chances of doing well are really slim.

Hi @insuranceforever1
I see that you asked if EZlynx was a good choice? I am also in the process of acquiring a good rater/ams system, well so far ive only seen turborater with matrix and you can get both for about $275, not sure what EZlynx is pricing, Ill look into it, I decided to maybe get about 10 clients before going with the AMS, which should be ok I can handled that. But it is really up to you how many you think you can really handle. How much is Ezlynx, if you dont mind me asking?

Happy to consult on this if anyone is interested. I like a nice, lean operation and am aware of some good and inexpensive options.

My rate is $150/hour :huh:

Hi @insuranceforever1
I see that you asked if EZlynx was a good choice? I am also in the process of acquiring a good rater/ams system, well so far ive only seen turborater with matrix and you can get both for about $275, not sure what EZlynx is pricing, Ill look into it, I decided to maybe get about 10 clients before going with the AMS, which should be ok I can handled that. But it is really up to you how many you think you can really handle. How much is Ezlynx, if you dont mind me asking?
i called ezlynx they told me it is around $350 per month for 1 user. And if i joined a cluster or alliance just let them know some of these clusters will get you some discounts.

Back