Is FE a Good Option?

There's a guy in my area that bought 65 total Securus and hasn't worked a single one. Time's up on those leads and they are for sale at a significant discount. I'll pick them up next week and start closing some business on it through December before my lead flow begins to normalize.

My gut says that 75% of agents don't do squat with the leads they purchase; if return rates suck, the FMO not only loses money on the lead drop, but also loses out more and more each day on commissions not realized.

Selling unsold leads to capable agents is good for the company, and an excellent opportunity for skilled agents at a great price. Plus, many of these leads NEED you to sell them insurance that the lazy, unmotivated agent can't or won't do, and if you don't take up the opportunity, you arguably are doing a disservice to them.

The good news, in my opinion, is that aged leads are a tougher sale, since most have bought insurance already. And most people don't make an active effort to buy aged leads anyway.

And newbies are the ones buying aged leads until lead flow regularizes; and newbies are the ones who have the most difficulty getting in the door and staying motivated through the rejection anyway.

So odds are if you stay on top of the lead, you'll get it anyway.

Securus resells aged leads at different price points to recoup their investment in leads.

Just ask EFES how their balance sheet looks regarding any mail they drop that doesn't get purchased by agents because of declined transactions, etc. It's a huge sunk cost on their behalf, and a larger lost commission cost.

I don't agree with Securus reselling the leads you purchase 40 days down the road. I close deals more than 40 days down the road quite often. Maybe they should build in some sort of split with the origional agent. Not saying it needs to be 50% but it should be something.

I just got a call from a lead 5 months ago. She finally got her SS set up and I am meeting with her on Monday.

As far as I know nobody resells my telemarketed leads.

Dave: You are right that many agents buy leads they never work. Hate to admit it but I have done that a time or two. Doesn't ask why.. Doesn't make sense. However, if a lead company is not subsidizing the lead, they are making a profit from my busing the lead whether I write business from it or not. I would not expect them to resell the lead. However, if EFES or Securus make it known up front that they will resell my lead, then I can't gripe when they do it because I agreed to it up front.

There's a guy in my area that bought 65 total Securus and hasn't worked a single one. Time's up on those leads and they are for sale at a significant discount. I'll pick them up next week and start closing some business on it through December before my lead flow begins to normalize.

My gut says that 75% of agents don't do squat with the leads they purchase; if return rates suck, the FMO not only loses money on the lead drop, but also loses out more and more each day on commissions not realized.

Selling unsold leads to capable agents is good for the company, and an excellent opportunity for skilled agents at a great price. Plus, many of these leads NEED you to sell them insurance that the lazy, unmotivated agent can't or won't do, and if you don't take up the opportunity, you arguably are doing a disservice to them.

The good news, in my opinion, is that aged leads are a tougher sale, since most have bought insurance already. And most people don't make an active effort to buy aged leads anyway.

And newbies are the ones buying aged leads until lead flow regularizes; and newbies are the ones who have the most difficulty getting in the door and staying motivated through the rejection anyway.

So odds are if you stay on top of the lead, you'll get it anyway.

Securus resells aged leads at different price points to recoup their investment in leads.

Just ask EFES how their balance sheet looks regarding any mail they drop that doesn't get purchased by agents because of declined transactions, etc. It's a huge sunk cost on their behalf, and a larger lost commission cost.

BTW, I like your Road Warrior avatar.

I like working telemarketed leads because when I get them they are fresh. Also if I need 25 leads I place the order an I will get 25 leads. No hoping I get a good return rate. I get what I pay for, period.

Joshua, me boy, I know ye be just startin' in ye preachin' career, but does not your good book and Great Master teach: "what man of you, intendin' to build a ship, doth not sit down and count first the cost in gold, lest in not countin'" ...mmmm....let's see....oh yes... "he be not able to finish ye ship and his fellow scallywags would ridicule him and laugh at him, and steal his rum, and say all manner of evil things like" ...lemme see....ah yes... "he tried to build but was not able to finish! And he would be laughed out of the yard! I ask ye, what kind o' pirate would this man be?" I say, if I do say so me-self - not a good one. Not a good one at all. (And that's me best paraphrase of ye good book, perhaps you could provide the proper King's English if you wish, in a more accurate quotin', hmmm?)

Being Sunday morning and all, I will provide the proper quote and be on my way to church.

Luke 14:28-30, "For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Lest happy, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish."

While a good quote from our Lord, I do not believe your application is justified. You could use this quote to teach that I need to have enough time, money and drive to start an FE career. I don't think The Lord was teaching an exit strategy here :-). Still I've been laughing the whole time I've been replying. Have a great Lord's day folks!:1cute:

If I was an IMO, and had a pile of basically new leads that an agent has already paid for....I'd get the best agent in the region, tell him to pay his own travel and lodging, but come work these leads for free before they die on the vine.

Or only pay for those that are sold.

Do something to get someone out there to knock on those doors already...

Do you guys ever cross sell CI to your FE customers?

Do you guys ever cross sell CI to your FE customers?

The average FE customer will not be able to afford CI coverage and even if they could the majority have some sort of state sponsored healthcare such as Medicaid. Of course this doesn't apply to the higher income FE clients but I am speaking of the "average" client that responds to mailings.

Last edited:
Back