Is Selling Health Insurance non-existent?

Rob Lion

Guru
I've talked with a few agents, and most of them have nothing to really tell me about why nobody sells it.
Other, than "it's a waste of time" i'm new to insurance so i'm completely unfamiliar with how the government regulates i'd love for someone to inform me about everything going on haha.

Go to healthsherpa.com. Put in your zip code. First, figure out who is selling in KS. Second, figure out who is still appointing new agents AND paying a commission.

Personally, I wouldn't start U65 at this point. I would go with O65.

Go to healthsherpa.com. Put in your zip code. First, figure out who is selling in KS. Second, figure out who is still appointing new agents AND paying a commission.

Personally, I wouldn't start U65 at this point. I would go with O65.
Any other information?

If this is about ACA, KS splits.

I think it is Johnson and Wyandotte counties in the KC area go to Blue Cross Kansas City and the rest of the state goes to Blue Cross Kansas.

BlueCross BlueShield of KS and Medica are the two ACA carriers for the 99 "other" counties of KS.

Don't know who else is in the KC counties along with their Blue Cross.

The Blue Cross plans are pretty restrictive from the perspective of the consumer.

If this is about ACA, KS splits.

I think it is Johnson and Wyandotte counties in the KC area go to Blue Cross Kansas City and the rest of the state goes to Blue Cross Kansas.

BlueCross BlueShield of KS and Medica are the two ACA carriers for the 99 "other" counties of KS.

Don't know who else is in the KC counties along with their Blue Cross.

The Blue Cross plans are pretty restrictive from the perspective of the consumer.
To be completely honest, I'm pretty ignorant to any of the rules and regulations to health insurance. I'm a pretty new agent and the focus has been on the senior market, I was just curious about the deal with health insurance everybody always said it was a mess to deal with.

Rick blocked any further posts when I tried to ask for help about information about Medica.

My memory is not what it was, I don;t remember all the points of comparing BCBSKS and Medica.

Their KS product is labelled Medica Connect. There is a search box in the upper right corner, if you put in Medica Connect you will find a thread where I posted some info that I did find. I don't know how much of it is really helpful to an agent.

Back