Is Selling Health Insurance non-existent?

Most agents have left the room when it involves U65 health insurance. The "selling season" only lasts 2 months (or is it 3 now?). The rest of the time they sell Amway.

The carriers that still pay agents are paying $10 - $20/month.

What's the fun in that?

What's the commissions on them?

Depends on the state. In FL I think we have 3 options. Florida blue, Molina and sunshine Health.
Florida blue will only let you be captive (you can only sell them, ACA and medicare) and the other two barely have any doctors. So I don’t bother selling them.

You just need to go to HealthSherpa.com and see what’s available in your zip.

In my opinion, don’t start in the under 65 health insurance crowd. Waste of time and money. Ymmv

Depends on the state. In FL I think we have 3 options. Florida blue, Molina and sunshine Health.
Florida blue will only let you be captive (you can only sell them, ACA and medicare) and the other two barely have any doctors. So I don’t bother selling them.

You just need to go to HealthSherpa.com and see what’s available in your zip.

In my opinion, don’t start in the under 65 health insurance crowd. Waste of time and money. Ymmv
I did the major one was blue cross and the prices were crazy lol.

All plans are crazy priced these days if you don’t get a subsidy.

Why are you thinking of selling U65 Health?
Uh I'm honestly more interested in group insurance. But I always get asked about health insurance so it would just be nice to be able to write it.

In terms of my name and reputation on the line, and in relation to plan features, I would be more comfortable selling Medica than BX. (And remember that is a non agent opinion and stated with no knowledge of relative commission structures for each company.)

Back