Is there a BCBS of Florida general agency?

Not even close. This guy obviously from his posts has not a single clue as to what he is talking about.

You're absolutely correct about that. I have read some other of his posts, one refers to that he does write BC ind, but farms outs the group to another GA or MGA, don't know anyone in their right mind that would do that.

Last edited:
I am also looking to sell; but in the Orlando area. Did you ever find out what agencies to contact? Could you please pass along the information. Thank you.

I am also looking to sell; but in the Orlando area. Did you ever find out what agencies to contact? Could you please pass along the information. Thank you.

I don't know if Bay Marketing handles Orlando area but they're out of Tampa, I think next to Corporate Blue Cross buidling.
There is another one somewhere in that area but I don't remember his last name, look in your yellow pages, insurance section and call a couple of ads that have the Blue Cross logo in them, this should get you started.

BTW you no longer have to sit face to face with you applicant, but they still have to electronically sign the last page of app.

Last edited:
dr954, Jerry has not misinformed you. Florida Blue has exclusive contracts with all agents in the state of Florida. If you choose to sell Florida Blue for any product other than Group Insurance, you will be a captive agent, which means that's Florida Blue has first right of refusal.

So much has changed since this thread was originally started back in 08, MGA's, MAA's and you can write anywhere in Florida over the phone and internet.

Do you have to pay 400 bucks to all these agencies monthly to get full commission?
I know someone who works with bc/bs in the Sarasota area and they still don't even have their commission schedule yet, I don't understand how someone can sell a product and not know how much they get paid. Does this happen often with bc??

Back