Is There a Dialer that Allows You to Host the Data?

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
Been using Mojo for awhile and it works great, however it is a pain in the butt that they host all the data. I get the reasoning behind it, if you ever quit with them you cannot access the data. However it would be nice to be able to access the notes and CRM without having to be connected online, and would be MUCH faster. Any other dialers out there where you host your own?

You can have your own install of vicidial in a computer in your home, as long as you have 1 meg up/down in bandwidth to work with.

It works out cheaper in the long run than any method I know to operate a dialer, but vicidial does have a bit of a learning curve to it. The install/setup is the worst part.

It doesnt have a ton of CRM style functionality though. I actually use Radius in conjunction with mine, and have made it so that I can post directly into their CRM. You can search for leads inside it and review your notes, and schedule callbacks, etc.

In theory you can also use a locally hosted crm, such as vtiger or sugar with vicidial, but that's a costly solution in terms of setup time if you want it customized.

Been using Mojo for awhile and it works great, however it is a pain in the butt that they host all the data. I get the reasoning behind it, if you ever quit with them you cannot access the data. However it would be nice to be able to access the notes and CRM without having to be connected online, and would be MUCH faster. Any other dialers out there where you host your own?

A part of the reasoning for it is that it's infinitely easier for them to host everything than try to interact with every type and age of computer their clients have to keep the data on the clients hardware. It's much simpler which makes it easier to implement and easier to keep costs down.

Vici with Sugar or Radius is still an online hosted solution. That said, you can host sugar or vtiger on a $5/month (or so) hostgator account and own all the data. AS brook said, more work, but it does give you the complete control.

Wouldn't mojo let you export all of your leads in a .csv file to put it wherever you want?

Back