Is This a Good Deal?

Sounds reasonable. I've done it myself and it's fairly simple. When I did it, every Directory Service or Search Engine had a button that allowed me to submit my URL.

Why pay someone $15 when you can easily do it yourself? Just google how to submit your website to Google, how to submit your website to MSN, etc.

Why pay someone $15 when you can easily do it yourself? Just google how to submit your website to Google, how to submit your website to MSN, etc.

For things that I do not enjoy doing , I generally pay someone else to do. Do you think that this service will help with my search engine results?

Waste of time. Just post a link to your website on any forum or popular blog and you'll achieve the same thing. There are only two search engines to worry about Bing & Google. They syndicate to 99% of American search engines.

Here's Google's Manual submit link: Add your URL to Google

For what it's worth, on really low search terms I've made it to page one within a few days and all I did was have a keyword based url and posted the site.

The search engines manage to find this stuff all on their own quite well.

How often should I submit to search engines?

If you have even a few back links to your site, the search engines will find you even if you don't submit your site to them. On the other hand, if you have no back links to your site and submit it, they still might not include the site in their index. So instead of spending 5 minutes submitting your site to a search engine, spend 5 minutes getting a back link or two.

If you're wondering where or how to get back links, here's a few resources to get you started.

How often should I submit to search engines?

Never. At least not for Google or Yahoo!/Bing. The other search engines have so little traffic, that they are not worth typing about.

It is a waste of time and money. Invest your time creating more content for your site. Spend your money on books (with recent copyright dates) that will teach you about SEO for this decade.

Google will find the home page of a new site within a week or so. My assumption is that Google will then depend on your internal linking to find the other pages.

I don't even think you need a backlink to get indexed any more, although a backlink might get you indexed faster. (You do need backlinks to be well-ranked for anything that is even mildly competitive.)

I have had new sites indexed with virtually no text and no back links.

Submitting your link to search engines is so twentieth century.

Back