Issues with Careington?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I have had clients tell me doctors listed in the Careington network are refusing to accept the card and honor discounts. Anyone else have this problem?

Interesting post. I ditched selling Careington about 3 or 4 years ago when my clients called doctors on the network list and one after one said they did not take Careington.

So right before I decided to pull the plug I searched my own dentist and sure enough, he showed up on their list. I called and nope....never heard of Careington and didn't take the plan.

Last time I ever sold 'em. A shame really - they paid well and on time.

Georgia's assignment system (HIPAA option) puts most folks into an indemnity major med plan. Even though most end up with Blue as the administrator, they don't have access to Blue's network (or any other carrier that administers the plan).

I have offered Careington as a companion to the indemnity plan to protect them against balance billing on large claims.

Only works if the docs in the PHCS network agree to accept the card.

I have always been under the impression that if a doc signs a network agreement, in this case with PHCS, they have to honor all requests and cannot pick and choose.

Perhaps that is still true, but if the patient is told "we don't take discount plans" there is no reason to argue with the client.

July 6, 2015

I'm in the process of considering whether or not to re-contract with Careington. My usual go-to Dental PPO discount provider (Dentsaver Home) quit selling the plans earlier this year and my contracted agency went belly-up due to sudden death of owner.

I haven't sold a Careington discount plan since 2012. Just called them and they seemed friendly and knowledgeable enough. But as we know, it's the customer experience that matters most. Has anyone had any recent feedback from your Careington clients?

Their "Total Health" PPO Discount plan (see attached brochure) looks like a winner. Uses the DentaMax PPO Network and is only $30 a month for individuals or families. Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

-Allen

Attachments

• CITC14Brochure.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I've sold the Careington and have it myself and works great.

Sam...THANK-YOU! Because you're a man of great integrity and honesty, your endorsement of Careington is GOLDEN. I'll begin using their plan(s) as a "door-opener" with tomorrow's prospecting calls. Thanks again Sam!

-Allen

Just to give you a heads up Allen The Careington I've used is the Cariengton 500 plan. On my Root canal I believed it saved with the crown and root canal about $900 total. One thing I would caution you make sure your clients understand it's just a discount. I don't offer it unless my clients ask for it. I give them their option but this is the avenue I go when it compares to regular dental. I previously sold Dentasaver to which I loved. The 12 years in the business never had a complaint from clients that bought them.

I think the plan I sell and have is about $15.00 a month for me and my son.

Understood Sam. It doesn't appear as if the "Careington 500" plan is available any longer. The combo Dental/Vision/Teledoc for $30 is the most popular now, according to Careington agent support. That's the plan I attached to my post earlier today.

At any rate, I'm just using Dental as a door-opener. Once I'm with the business owner, I can do a quick fact-finder to see if there's any other needs I might be able to fill. Easier to use in-expensive dental discount PPO as a way to get in the door with my target market (small biz owners), rather than Life, CI, or Disability, etc.. I used to use health, but Obama killed that...except during O.E..

Thank-you again Sam for the feedback and advice!

Appreciatively,

-Allen

p.s. Like you, I still have quite a few DentaSaver clients on the books. They love it and most dentists accept the Aetna PPO network. At $12 a month, it can't be beat. Too bad Comprehensive Insurance Agency cut off Sales this year.

Back