Jan 1st Extension Coming?

What day will the announcement come?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Which day this week do you think the announcement will come, stating that consumers will have a 1 week extension to get a Jan 1st effective date (until Dec 22nd)???

We know it's coming
They did it last year
30 days is not enough
I want my Christmas disrupted again
Why wait, tell us now.

VOTE NOW !!

P.S. All winners will get 1 free lead from the phone book in the state of their choice.

I say no extension. I'm take this stand because an extension is showing another weakness in the system. Of course they could spin it that due to overwhelming demand, blah blah blah.

Probably no extension as there were no major hiccups on healthcare.gov and they aren't really worried about hitting an enrollment number (whereas last year they wanted to demonstrate the demand)

It's not the new enrollees they are worried about, it's the lack of password access, thousands who lost coverage, millions who need to renew coverage, spotty system outages, etc.

Friday..........the news comes friday afternoon just like everything else they do.

If they do offer an extension, I think they may call it a SEP like they did for post open enrollment last year. You remember the message "open enrollment still ends on 3/31! But you can still get coverage in April if you say that we did a sucky job with our website and call center. it is still up to the companies to comply, the gov will have to come hat in hand again and ask for late enrollments.

December 10, 2014

This e-mail from CMS today gives even more credence to the likelihood that the December 15th deadline for a 1/1/2015 effective date, will be extended...

"More than 1.3 million consumers have selected plans since the beginning of Open Enrollment. As we approach the December 15 deadline for coverage that starts January 1, 2015, interest has increased. Last week’s plan selections were 33 percent higher than the first week, and double the number of plan selections during the week of Thanksgiving. “Open enrollment’s momentum is building, and I’ve seen that firsthand as I traveled the country and talked to people - from Florida to New Jersey to Pennsylvania to Texas,” HHS Secretary Sylvia Burwell said. “With less than a week left to sign up for coverage that starts January 1, we’re encouraging new and returning consumers to visit www.healthcare.gov call the call center or get in touch with a local assister by December 15. With more issuers this year, it pays to shop for the best deal.”

Today we posted the weekly FFM enrollment snapshot here: Open Enrollment Week 3: November 29 – December 5, 2014 | HHS.gov/healthcare"

ac

Back