Jan 1st Extension Coming?

What day will the announcement come?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK, as of 4:15PM Eastern Time today, Sunday, December 14th, the Marketplace phone line is taking phone numbers to call back in 5-7 days to complete phone re-enrollments or new enrollments. "Don't worry, your place will be held for enrollment", part of recorded message, same one as last year.
Online enrollments, still going smoothly as long as no account already set up that can't be found/accessed without help by phone.

Last edited:
OK, as of 4:15PM Eastern Time today, Sunday, December 14th, the Marketplace phone line is taking phone numbers to call back in 5-7 days to complete phone re-enrollments or new enrollments. "Don't worry, your place will be held for enrollment", part of recorded message, same one as last year.
Online enrollments, still going smoothly.

1. I wonder what's magic about that "5-7 days from now" window?

2. Taking numbers? Is this so the Marketplace can call the applicant back in 5-7 days? Why? Another excuse for the upcoming delay. Hilarious.
ac

take_a_number_for_personalized_customer_service_postcard-r5d0774f7666d49e688c910014373ab25_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

1. I wonder what's magic about that "5-7 days from now" window?

2. Taking numbers? Is this so the Marketplace can call the applicant back in 5-7 days? Why? Another excuse for the upcoming delay. Hilarious.
ac

Underpromising and Overdelivering...;)

Last edited:
About 9pm, phone started letting callers go on hold. Hold times are stated as about 30 minutes, but are actually about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

----------

Even more fun, this morning, early, I got through, and was told "we have no such intention to let people leave their number". I had the rep check with a supervisor. Then, I called again, and got the announcement about leaving a number.

About 9pm, phone started letting callers go on hold. Hold times are stated as about 30 minutes, but are actually about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

----------

Even more fun, this morning, early, I got through, and was told "we have no such intention to let people leave their number". I had the rep check with a supervisor. Then, I called again, and got the announcement about leaving a number.

And that statement, my friends, explains healthcare.gov in a nutshell.

What a cluster.

HealthCare.gov and state insurance websites are preparing for heavy online traffic before the deadline, which gives consumers in the East until 3 a.m. Tuesday to enroll.

----------

Extension will be announced on Monday 12/15/2014 at 11:59pm E.S.T..

Wow and now for my lotto numbers please....

HealthCare.gov and state insurance websites are preparing for heavy online traffic before the deadline, which gives consumers in the East until 3 a.m. Tuesday to enroll.

East coast applications will be date stamped 12/16 so how does that help? If your theory works east coast residents should have until 5 AM

Last night I was on with a HC.gov rep, helping release the apps hung up on the web broker site I was using. They made an announcement internally to the reps, as I understand it, that those who did leave a number on the "we will call back" announcement will have that honored.
I got an automated call back yesterday from leaving my number. It said someone would call. Rep confirms that they are told the calls will be returned. They can look it up, according to the rep. So, for those who actually left numbers, there is supposed to be an extension.
There were 3600 reps in the call center I reached. There are in the 10's of thousands of them, apparently. Interesting. The quality is variable. I reached several who were very helpful. Talked to one a few days ago who now wants to be an agent.

12/16/2014

Either an un-announced HC.gov extension is in effect, or someone forgot to remove the "Get Started Now for 2015 Coverage" on the front page.

Back