Jan 1st Extension Coming?

What day will the announcement come?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:no:FYI you can still get a January 1st effective date on Healthcare.Gov by clicking the box that you lost coverage by __ date and creating a special election period.

Unless the client is truly loosing coverage....Isn't that fraud?

I don't know which group HockeyDay is referring to, but everyone with a 2014 policy is losing coverage on 12/31/2014, and qualifies for a SEP effective date of 1/1/2015.
ac

Allen is right, 12/31 termination (no-fault, as it's an expiration of a valid contract) is an SEP experienced by currently insured individuals (except for some grandfathered people with non-calendar year). Availability of renewal options does not negate the SEP.

You can get a 1/1 right through the end of February (60 days from the 12/31 SEP). Retroactive premium payments will be required.

Of course, if they didn't have the SEP, don't claim one. They'll find you.

Allen is right, 12/31 termination (no-fault, as it's an expiration of a valid contract) is an SEP experienced by currently insured individuals (except for some grandfathered people with non-calendar year). Availability of renewal options does not negate the SEP.

You can get a 1/1 right through the end of February (60 days from the 12/31 SEP). Retroactive premium payments will be required.

Of course, if they didn't have the SEP, don't claim one. They'll find you.

I'm aware of the 12-31 scenario and agree with both of you. That's not what was mentioned prior, thus my response about playing the system.

Back