Jdeasy back

He didn't say he was right. Just that he still believes it.

True. I can only post my opinion. Do others post opinions that are not their own?

But my opinion is based on what I've witnessed over 13 years of FE focused business and talking to agents every week. Tele sales and field agents.

I have yet to hear from an FE telesales agent that's not recruiting for telesales share a positive experience about FE telesales.

I have one particular friend that is an excellent field FE agent that got into telesales last year because of covid. He did very well moneywise at telesales but he says he can't wait to get back in the field.

But I do wish these telesales groups well. I replaced 4 telesold policies this past week. And one of them has already referred me to family members that also bought by phone. I spoke with them friday. Looks like 3 more replacements this week just from one family

I know, the old story goes "you have to find them". well, I will find them and so will other agents.

That's just the nature of the FE market. It's a rare week that none of my fresh leads are a current customer.

Sadly it appears that there are no FE producers posting here anymore.

I agree with Jd . I’ve talked to 5 or more telesales guys and 2 with Root that failed selling fe . I think mortgage protection in telesales much different as higher income it can work . It’s just hard to get that connection needed for persistency on the phone . In mapd it’s super easy to replace a telesales agent as people are begging for someone to explain their benefits face to face .

I think it's fair to say that 95% of both field and tele-sales agents fail out within their first 12 months. Field sales and tele-sales require different mindsets. Both are still having conversations with Ms. Jones, but they each also use different skills. I've been doing FE field sales since 1999, and FE tele-sales since 2005. Neither one is quite as easy as you might have been told.

Working live transfers from a TV commercial (not a Pakistan tele-marketer) or even leads just 2 min old from a TV commercial will help a tele-sales agent make it thru the learning curve. And a burning desire to be successful will also help an agent get thru the learning curve. Cold calling a list of seniors, hoping to find someone with an interest or dialing old recycled leads is a recipe for failure

Think of it this way:
_The McDonald's franchisee invests in hamburger buns so he can sell hamburgers. The FE agent invests in FE leads so he can sell insurance.

_The McDonald's franchisee has to be trained to run his McDonald's franchise. The FE agent has to be trained so he can run his FE franchise..

_They both require some capital to get started.

_Most people don't have the capital nor desire to start a McDonalds's franchise. Same holds true for starting their FE business.

Lack of training from someone who is battle tested and field trained, lack of capital for leads, lack of fresh exclusive leads, lack of work ethic, lack of focus, etc. all contribute to the failure of the agent...doesn't matter if it's field sales or tele-sales.

I've seen a lot more FE field agents fail than FE tele-sales agents. That's not an endorsement for either platform. It's just that there is a much larger pool of field agents to look at compared to tele-sales agents.

If you rely on replacements for your production then tele-sales definitely wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Telesales is definitely a different animal. And most independent agents lack a system to replicate or a mentor to follow.

But even if they do have those things, they still have to be well funded and make lots of dials.

Automation and artificial intelligence automatically reaching out and responding to leads will help immensely, but nothing replaces getting enough leads every week and putting in the work (making dials).

We tried converting a lot of Indy agents to telesales when covid hit, but most didn’t do the work.

A call center is a different animal. You are not hiring entrepreneurs, but employees. They show up to make dials and a $60,000 a year income. Much better than working in the local factory or bar. And when they’re done for the day, they’re done.

Controlled distribution is super profitable. More work involved for the upline though.

Persistency can be worse than the field, but it’s not as bad as some make it out to be.

Sure there will be great field agents that can replace what you’ve written, but it’s still nominal in the grand scheme of things and already baked into our numbers.

I will say the agents that seem to do the best in telesales are Medicare and Health agents.

Health agents are killing it nowadays. We’ve got health agents with 10,000+ leads in their Autopilot account.

These guys are writing $500,000-$1M a year in premium.

But the world has changed, like it or lump it. Covid has pushed more people into the digital world.

It wasn’t that long ago that we told people to not trust people you meet on the internet… now we order our food online and have it delivered by complete strangers.

53% of advertising is now done online and 95% of that is done through Facebook, Google, and YouTube. And that’s growing year over year.

Direct mail is still king… if you’re buying leads.

If you can develop a Facebook lead at 1/6th the cost, eliminate the time suck factor by utilizing technology, and even if you close 50% less compared to DM, your Cost Per Acquisition will be lower, while working the same (or less) amount of hours.

Now if there was only a course that taught agents how to do all that :)

Back