John Hancock

Just give him or her the number. What is wrong with you all?
Sure the upline could
used to the yellow pages
Maybe Google
Maybe a co worker.
Call 411 maybe?
But just shout out the number for crying out loud!
We don't have the number but he does and won't give it to anyone else..:err:

Looking at that picture of Junior really hits home on our present day society. Back when Hee Haw was on, Junior looked like a very heavy set man. Now, he looks almost "normal" sized. I watched my granddaughters senior awards show last night. It was sad to see how many of the students, especially the girls were bordering on being obese if they had not already crossed the line. If you don't believe me, take a look at school glass photos from the 50s and compare how thin those kids were compared with today's kids.

Looking at that picture of Junior really hits home on our present day society. Back when Hee Haw was on, Junior looked like a very heavy set man. Now, he looks almost "normal" sized. I watched my granddaughters senior awards show last night. It was sad to see how many of the students, especially the girls were bordering on being obese if they had not already crossed the line. If you don't believe me, take a look at school glass photos from the 50s and compare how thin those kids were compared with today's kids.

That's because we had to walk 5 blocks to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways. :yes: (carrying books.)

I think that may be regional. I don't see that in my kids' classes.

I see it. I was in high school in the ‘70’s. We were definitely in better shape. I don’t think we ate any better than these kids do. But I think we were a lot more physically active, and spent a lot more time outdoors. No video games keeping us on our arses for hours on end.

I see it. I was in high school in the ‘70’s. We were definitely in better shape. I don’t think we ate any better than these kids do. But I think we were a lot more physically active, and spent a lot more time outdoors. No video games keeping us on our arses for hours on end.
90% of weight is related to the food/calories you consume, not exercise.

Running burns about 100-125 cals per mile. So you could run 5 miles a day and still ruin all of that effort with 2 small cheeseburgers from McDonalds.

You can't "outrun" a bad diet.

90% of weight is related to the food/calories you consume, not exercise.

Running burns about 100-125 cals per mile. So you could run 5 miles a day and still ruin all of that effort with 2 small cheeseburgers from McDonalds.

You can't "outrun" a bad diet.
Well, they hadn’t invented “Super Size” yet, so maybe we ate just as junky, but a lot less of it!:D

Seriously, though. In those days, junk food like McD’s was an occasional treat, not daily fare.

Latest posts

Back