Joint Life

This thread is now officially about Doobies.

I will try not to derail from the new thread topic BUT since I am a noob... why are joint life policies no longer issued? Have they been replaced by other products? I remember studying them for the state exam even though it was only a short topic covered.

I will try not to derail from the new thread topic BUT since I am a noob... why are joint life policies no longer issued? Have they been replaced by other products? I remember studying them for the state exam even though it was only a short topic covered.

Joint life policies are usually 2nd to die - meaning upon the death of the 2nd covered life of the same policy. These are usually for estate planning and/or legacy purposes.

This thread was primarily about 1st to die joint policies.

Joint life policies are usually 2nd to die - meaning upon the death of the 2nd covered life of the same policy. These are usually for estate planning and/or legacy purposes.

This thread was primarily about 1st to die joint policies.

Ahhh gotcha... reading comprehension for the win!

I found that Americo has a joint first to die. I had a contract with them many years ago and that kind of vanished. I don't remember how good or bad they were to do business with. Anyone here know anything about them?

Back