Keep Your Existing Policy Until......

Aetna....News in today's email...Sept 26, 2014:

Support for your Aetna Individual clients who cannot renew their current plan

Starting in early October, we will be reaching out to Aetna Individual members who cannot renew the Individual plan they have today. In these letters, we will let members know that their current plan will end on December 31, 2014, and share more about the 2015 options that are available to them.

This outreach will include members in pre-ACA plans as well as some members who purchased ACA-compliant plans on or outside of the exchanges in 2014. In northern Virginia, this outreach will include some of our Innovation Health members.
Member options for 2015 will vary
In most cases, we are able to automatically enroll the member into a new plan for 2015. Their letter will include information about their new plan’s monthly premium and benefits.

If they like the new plan, they don’t need to do anything.

In some situations, we are recommending a plan but are not able to auto-enroll the member. These members will need to submit a 2015 application when open enrollment begins on November 15.

Members always have the option to decide not to take the plan we recommend, whether we are automatically enrolling them or not, and consider a different plan instead.

In some cases, we are not able to re-enroll the member into one of our plans – for example, if we no longer have plans available in that area. Instead, we will help these members understand their options, including shopping on the public exchange.

We encourage you to work with your clients to help them understand their 2015 options.
Member letters will begin to mail in early October
We will begin contacting members who cannot renew their current plan starting in early October, so they can begin to plan for open enrollment. Based on federal and state guidelines, this outreach will continue through early November, depending on where the member is located. Members can begin shopping for a new 2015 plan on November 15, when open enrollment begins. Open enrollment is scheduled to end on February 15, 2015.

Sharing information about your impacted clients
If you have clients who are impacted by this outreach, we will be reaching out to you over the next couple of weeks with more client-specific information, including:
If we were able to re-enroll them into a new plan for 2015
If yes, the information about that 2015 plan, including the plan name and rate

Outreach for renewing members is coming in November
In November, we will be reaching out to our Aetna members who will be able to automatically renew their current plan for 2015. We will share more information about this outreach as we get closer to that date. Our approach will be similar to how we are supporting our non-renewing membership.
Open enrollment begins November 15
Once open enrollment begins, you can enroll your clients online in an Aetna plan using our broker quoting tool. It’s available on Producer World. You can also explore our plans via the public exchange in states where we are offering our Aetna plans.
If you have questions about our 2015 offerings, you can also call our broker support team at 1-888-54-AETNA (1-888-542-3862). Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Central time.
Your clients count on you. We’re here to help.
With so much changing, your clients will need your support to navigate this year’s open enrollment period. We’re here to make sure you have the tools and resources you need to help your clients find the right plan for them.

You’ll find FAQs and sample member communications available on our Individual renewal hub on Producer World.

If you have any questions, please reach out to our Broker Support Team at 1-888-54-AETNA (1-888-542-3862).

But Mr honorable POTUS i remember when you said i could keep my plan? Mr POTUS you have THE AUTHORITY to stop ths madness of millions of policies getting cancelled...premiums getting paid by hard working people just think Mr POTUS of all the extra effort by CPAs and the tax mess occuring and going to occur.

TX Online, do you know if we will be able to log into ProducerWorld and see which AETNA clients will be offered what options? Today's AETNA e-mail is pretty vague in that regard.

No, I don't know WHAT we'll be able to see when we log-in to Producer World.

Don't remember seeing any "offered plans" when we re-enrolled those who lost their Aetna coverage effective 9/1/14. We just ran Aetna quotes for them (as well as quotes from all of the other companies).

I didn't re-enroll ANY of mine into an Aetna plan...for Sept 1st.
All of them chose a cheaper option (with another carrier).

People who currently OWN an Aetna plan HAVE been happy with Aetna (except for rate increases...and a few who had their doctors drop-out of the network).
I CAN say that Aetna Customer Service WAS excellent for them. But, out-of-pocket costs trumped excellent customer service & claims experiences for MY clients.

Note:
They CAN pick a CAT Plan if their current plan is being cancelled...(any age).
Here's an Aetna Q&A (from my September re-enrollment emails from Aetna):

Q. Is my client eligible for a Catastrophic plan?
A. Yes. Because your client’s pre-ACA plan was cancelled, he/she is considered eligible for a catastrophic plan.

If your client wants to enroll in a Catastrophic Plan in their area, he/she will need to submit the Aetna application as well as the “Application for Exemption from Shared Responsibility Payment for Individual who Experience Hardship” to Aetna.

HumanaOne's Non-Grandfathered Individual Major Medical Plan Discontinuances

Alabama, Michigan, and Oklahoma
All Non-Grandfathered PHP (Audiograph, Portrait, and Monogram) Evolutionary plans will be terminated December 31, 2014. This includes plans that were amended to be ACA compliant as of January 1, 2014.

Florida (South Miami Dade)
All PHP Refresh plans with the Florida HMO Premier Network will be terminated December 31, 2014. This includes plans that were amended to be ACA compliant as of January 1, 2014.

Illinois
All Non-Grandfathered plans issues prior to January 1, 2014 will be terminated on December 31, 2014.

Kentucky
All Non-Grandfathered PHP Evolutionary and PHP Refresh plans effective October 2, 2013 - December 31, 2013, including plans that have a signed amendment will be terminated December of 2014. Plans scheduled to renew in November/December of 2014 will also terminate on December 31, 2014. Any remaining Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant plans will terminate as of the renewal date in 2015.

*Members whose plans will terminate will be notified within 90 days of the termination of their plan. To ensure that your clients do not have a gap in coverage; they must enroll in a new plan on or before December 15th to receive a plan with an effective date of January 1st, 2015.

I'm NOT sure if the above list includes ALL states that are discontinuing plans.
This was an email that I received from an MGA (that I don't even do business with).

I'll find my LAST email from Humana about Texas (and a few other states) & post it.

You're welcome, Annie.

Email from Humana.....Dec 30, 2013
....(Can this be my LAST notice from Humana about this mess??? I guess it is???)

Update on Humana Non-Grandfathered Individual Major Medical Plans in the states of
Arizona, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, and Wisconsin

As an agent for Humana, you are very important to us and so are your clients. In order to provide you and our members with the best service possible, we want to keep you informed about our Non-Grandfathered Individual Major Medical Plans that were effective prior to October 1, 2013.
On November 14, 2013, President Obama announced that insurance companies can continue coverage under non-ACA benefit policies into 2014 for members who choose to maintain the coverage. While we are still working to clarify and further define a transitional plan to communicate with our members, we are doing our best to give you information along the way.

Below are some key points we are bringing to your attention so you can share important information with your clients:

In the last few months Humana mailed a letter to your clients on Non-Grandfathered Individual Major Medical Plans in the states of Arizona, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, and Wisconsin, explaining their medical insurance options available for 2014. The letter detailed how members could elect to keep their current Humana medical coverage by establishing a new policy plan year (Humana Option A) or choose to have their existing policies updated to include 2014 ACA benefits effective January 1, 2014 (Humana Option B).

For those members who made elections by December 31, 2013, Humana will honor the options the members have selected.

As of December 23, 2013, Humana identified members who had not made an election of either Humana Option A or B, and a letter was sent to them informing them their current coverage would continue into 2014. All they need to do to confirm is continue to pay their current monthly premiums.

State Policies
Arizona 4,617
Georgia 13,624
Kansas 1,570
Texas 21,225
Wisconsin 2,141

You may want to educate your clients on other options available to them through the new Health Insurance Marketplace and their possible eligibility for financial assistance. Please review with them the information available at Healthcare.gov.

As we finalize our strategy in 2014 for transitioning members to ACA benefit policies, we will provide you with more detailed communications. We encourage you to reach out to your clients to ensure that they understand their options and can determine which option best meets their needs.

Thank you for all you do for Humana. We look forward to continuing to serve you.

Key point on Aetna cat plan!! Much cheaper than bronze at any age.

And, a Humana client of mine received a cancellation letter on Friday. Beware! They are in the mail before they notified us with a client list of those affected.

Humana Renewals/Cancellation-of-Existing-Policies:

Try logging into AgentWorkbench
- Quote, Enroll & Manage tab
- HumanaOne Individual link
- Issued Business tab
- Renewals tab

Texas is different than AZ, so I'm not sure what you'll find there.

Here's a March, 2014 email that I found from Humana (at this link):
http://marketpointuniversity.humana...nt Communications - Transitional Policies.pdf

Update on the Humana Strategy for Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Individual Major Medical plans and the President’s Transitional Announcement from March 2014

As an agent for Humana, you and your clients are very important to us. In order to provide you and our members the best service possible, we want to keep you informed about how the President’s announcement affects our Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Humana Individual Major Medical plans effective prior to January 1, 2014.

On March 5, 2014, President Obama announced an extended transitional policy that the states could adopt allowing Non-Grandfather Non-ACA compliant plans to continue through 2016.
The states of Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin have adopted the extended transitional policy.
Humana has also elected to adopt the extended transition policy in these states and will continue to allow members to keep their Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA policies under the defined rules provided by each state.

In the remaining states of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Virginia, the state either did not adopt the extended transitional policy or Humana has elected not to continue coverage under the Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA policies.
Additional communication regarding the specific strategy for these states will be provided in the upcoming months.

With the adoption of this extended transitional announcement, some members will begin to see 2014 renewals communicated to them. Below are details for the states that have adopted this transitional policy strategy and attached is the renewal letter that is being sent out to the impacted members.
Below are some key points we are bringing to your attention so you can share important information with your clients:

• In the states of Ohio and Kansas: All active Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Humana Individual Major Medical Plans with plan renewal dates between January 2014 and June 2014 will begin to renew on July 1, 2014. Remaining policies will renew starting July 1, 2014 on their normally scheduled renewal date.

• In the states of North Carolina and South Carolina: All active Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Humana Individual Major Medical Plans will renew on October 1, 2014.

• In the states of Indiana, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin: All active Non-Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Humana Individual Major Medical Plans will renew on December 1, 2014.
Association policies in the state of Wisconsin are excluded from this renewal and will be terminated December 31, 2014. Separate communication will be forthcoming regarding association policies in the state of Wisconsin.

• In the states of Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin, if a member wishes to renew their Non- Grandfathered Non-ACA compliant Humana Individual Major Medical Plan, all they need to do to continue their coverage is continue to pay their premiums and abide by the terms and agreements set forth in their policy/contract.

• In the states of Kansas and Wisconsin: At any time, if a member elects to make any change to their current plan or benefits, they will no longer be eligible for coverage under the Transitional Policy.
Plan changes include deductible and or copay changes, adding or removing a SAB (Supplemental Accident Benefit) Rider, or removing a Life Rider.
The member would need to terminate their current Non Grandfathered Non ACA compliant policy and apply for an ACA compliant policy with a Qualified Life Event or through Open Enrollment.

• At renewal in 2014, members will be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period (60 days prior to their renewal date and 60 days after their renewal date) during which members can choose a Humana ACA compliant policy or explore other options through Healthcare.gov.
Members may also shop for ACA compliant coverage as part of the next Open Enrollment Period, which begins on November 15, 2014.

Please note that there is nothing you are required to do. This is for your information only. A link to the specific member letter is provided above. Additionally, you may reference Agent Workbench (AWB) for client-specific renewal information.
Please reference the renewal tab to check when individual members are scheduled to renew in 2014.

And, here's another document that I found at MarketPoint University...at this link:
http://marketpointuniversity.humana.com/sites/default/files/course_assets/documents/Terminations.pdf

(I can't paste it here. Hopefully the link will open for you.)

Last edited:
Back