L/h/a License..now What?

SomeDude99

Expert
CT
I just got my life/accident/Health license in the state of CT. I did a self study through Kaplan on my own, at my own pace and passed the test 1st time.

Im an independent agent but my dad has been selling insurance independently for 30 yrs. He is gonna write me in on his commissions.

How can I make a 6 figure salary in this biz? Im 23 just graduated college with psych degree 4.0 GPA and I am extremely hard working and love to sell. Is Final Expense the way to go? My dad has prospects but can I just open up a phone book and start selling everyone?

Any advice is appreciated. Highly motivated newbie agent just trying to figure this all out.

Last edited:
Just be aware of the Do Not Call List in your state. Besides that, cold calling will be one of the cheapest way to find potential clients in a cold market. Just be ready to hear a lot of "no".

A while back, a friend of mine told me that's how he first started his life insurance career: Phone Book.

SomeDude...welcome to the forum. You may not be getting a lot of responses b/c your question is fairly broad. This is a great venue for information and you can find what you want if you search and ask specific questions. I agree with MikeM...telesales using an inexpensive single line dialer calling a targeted list fitting the target demographic of the product your selling is a great way to go. It's inexpensive, you will contact a lot of people and it will expedite your learning curve and hone your sales skills quickly. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back