Ladies of the Forum. . .

not only is he an english professor, but he thinks people buy banking products mostly at non banking establishments. i have a friend that works for merrill. his number one complaint is banks selling annuities and investments. it doesn't take statistical analysis to see that women do well in this business. i don't recall seeing any of your statistics, however.

In Japan, Life Insurance Agent is considered Women's Work.

Just Saying...... She needs a voice too.....

I take my coffee with non-dairy creamer (Dry Powder).

Thanks Mary Ann & Ginger.

Mary Ann was my favorite, she was the hot one. I suspect not anymore, though. :cry:

not only is he an english professor, but he thinks people buy banking products mostly at non banking establishments. i have a friend that works for merrill. his number one complaint is banks selling annuities and investments. it doesn't take statistical analysis to see that women do well in this business. i don't recall seeing any of your statistics, however.

It doesn't take an English professor.

I didn't say people only "buy banking products at non banking establishments." I said people, as in everybody, do not invest with the bank. I then named a few obvious examples.
And since your stat is "I have a friend " I wouldn't challenge someone on stats. But I will just because. Of the 10,329 agents granted MDRT membership in 2013 only 1,180 were female.

I don't know how it is, specifically, for women in the insurance biz.

But, if you're interested, I can give you my 2¢ on what it's like to be a male in a female dominated industry. My career before insurance was massage therapy and I had to climb my way over many, many misconceptions and prejudices.

Last edited:
having a "guy" that handles their investments is just paranoia. people do their investments at their bank. if their bank sold supps they would probably buy that their too. women do very well in this industry. people trust women. people let women in their doors. people feel like they can gripe to a woman if things don't go well with a claim. it's the whole motherly nurturing thing. i would never hire a man to telemarket. a woman always gets more yes's. it is just common knowledge. quit complaining. i'm not a woman, but i am friends with several top producers who are women. they get a lot further and quicker with male ceos than i do. i'm not saying by being sleazy. it's a trust thing. be happy and use it to your advantage.

I couldn't agree more. Finally, a comment from a Man who really gets it. Thank you!

Men do not require a no women allowed forum. Men can usually be obnoxious enough and sexist enough along with the scratching and belching to clear a room of women in short order if they so desire. My wife doesn't find my jokes funny at all.

Last edited:
Men do not require a no women allowed forum. Men can usually be obnoxious enough and sexist enough to clear a room of women in short order if they so desire. My wife doesn't find my jokes funny at all.

Mine laughs at everything I say.

Oh, wait.... :(

Back