• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

leads for medicare. Marketing tips

yerry

Hi,

I'm new in this forum! I started working for a Medicare advantage insurance company. This is my first experience in marketing and I'm a little nervous because I have three kids to feed. LOL. I need some tips about marketing technique and if you know about a good company that provides leads or where I can get a list for cold calling , will be really appreciated...

thanks

Hi,

I'm new in this forum! I started working for a Medicare advantage insurance company. This is my first experience in marketing and I'm a little nervous because I have three kids to feed. LOL. I need some tips about marketing technique and if you know about a good company that provides leads or where I can get a list for cold calling , will be really appreciated...

thanks

We should take a vote and elect that all new members need to include the state they live in, so the inevitable question pertaining to "where do you write business in" doesn't crop up.

So, joking aside, what company are you with and what state are you selling in? What exactly do you mean by "this is my first experience in marketing." Are you referring to marketing as a whole, sales, prospecting, telemarketing, etc. etc.? The reason I ask is because your sales experience and knowledge will dictate how you market.

Gary (GP32765) on the board has the best prices I know of for lists, so you might want to check there. However, I don't make any guarantees as for the accuracy of the lists since I'm not ready to purchase at the moment.

I don't know of any places that sells leads, nor would I buy any leads w/out a minimum of 6-9 months of experience working full time and have most of the kinks out of your own sales system.

I'd focus on getting a list and then telemarket, which will give you a better idea as to what specifically makes a lead a good lead.

It sounds like if you've chosen to work for a medicare advantage insurance company, they would have told you something about how you were going to earn income before you were hired? What did they tell you?

You're sooooo right Rick. I tried to edit my profile but it didn't take for some reason. I'll try again tomorrow. Just to give you a hint, I've got to go out now and shovel the snow. I guess you can figure that I'm not in California or Florida.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for updating your avatar, J.R., to indicate that you are now a Connecticut Yankee.:)

It's my pleasure. Rick was whining like a little girl about it and said that he is now going to a therapist because I had not yet updated my new location.

The good news is that the doctor put him on 4 anti-depressant and anxiety medications so I'm hopeful he'll bounce back.

Back