Leads from SEO

Im sorry im not to sure what citations are. do you mean like articles regarding insurance that are cited from other places?

Citations are listings containing the exact name, address, phone, email that is used in the listing on the places page but found on other sites.

Can be in directories, telephone sites, or just other websites generally.

Organic SEO/Authority of the website where the citation is found influences the value of the citation, much like a backlink.

If you want to see how one company cheats, find any state farm agent, then search their address.

State farm has been spamming citations all over the place for all their agents, usually up over 1000 per. Thats how they're dominating the local search in most areas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Raph...Citations are different business listings with your address etc.

Yellow Pages, SuperPages, Yelp etc... I guess Google likes when they see the same address listed time after time.

Yes.

Also, listings of your address to another business dilute and can actually be negative to your placement.

Last edited:
Traffic is a big variable. How much traffic you will generate is an unanswerable questions.

But once you get traffic, if it is fairly well targeted, you should expect 25% to 40% to convert that land on, or make it to, the page with your questionnaire.

Thanks for all the help. I was curious what are people thoughts on the standard insurance sites that a lot of people have on here vs like a geico or progressive site were the main focus is the quote box.

I always see the quote box as the main focus. My opinion is that you put a non-intrusive quote box on the right hand site in a column or float there, and you always have it on the page.

Can't get them to fill out a quote request if you don't have the link or form on the page.

Citations are time consuming and cheaper to outsource than do yourself.

In my experience, listing your business to local directories is not that time-consuming as there are only a few local directories that exist. You just have to make sure your business details are exactly the same across all directories so that they are properly cross-referenced.

I always see the quote box as the main focus. My opinion is that you put a non-intrusive quote box on the right hand site in a column or float there, and you always have it on the page.

Can't get them to fill out a quote request if you don't have the link or form on the page.

Brook, Alston,

Would be interested in your advice. Take a look at my home page. Should I remove the quote request form from my home page, and replace it simply with a button that takes the visitor to the quote request form?

Not sure if having the form on the home page, helps or hurts me?

I get hit with SEO pitches all the time - about 6 times a month. When they make promises, here's my response:

"You can guarantee ranking?"
"Yes, I can."

"Ok, I want first page for "insurance."
"Ummm, you're not gonna get 1st page for "insurance."

"Ok, first page for "health insurance."
"No can do on that either."

"Right, so I'll you'll get me guaranteed first page for "affordable health savings account plans in Odenton Maryland."
"....click...."

:laugh: Truer words were never spoken!!!

Back