Learn how to Be a Final Expense "Rockstar"

Thank you very much.

Gulfman,

The city he was working in was Fort Pierce, Fl. All of the leads were in the same area and were within 5-10 min drive time from each other.

The most amazing thing he does to save time is he does not do a warm-up and
doesn't engage in ANY small talk. I mean NONE! Not a mention about the yard, pictures, weather, nothing. His presentation is so precise he doesn't expend any extra words. If you've read his presentation (if not, you can search the forum) he doesn't spend any time on emotional appeal, it's strictly about letting them know he has the best rates they'll ever see and he will help them find what is in there budget.

His scheduler schedules him in 30 minute increments starting at 8:30-6pm. There is no allowance for driving. He doesn't worry about the schedule because he knows there will be no-shows and he weeds out the non-interested very quickly, thereby buying him time throughout the day. He takes a 30 minute lunch break and eats in the car. At the end of the day he didn't see the last 3 appts and wasn't worried, just said he would show up next day at the correct time and apologize.

Also, he has a medical questionaire that he uses, this is where he writes all Rx and medical info. By doing this he saves time by not having to fill the app out completely (worrying about penmanship and rushing) and then neatly filling it out at home. By doing it this way he saves tons of time and move through the app very quickly.

He is also VERY organized. Not once did he have to go to the car for a form or info. His book is 3" thick and has all his carrier forms & info in it. All his leads are on a clipboard in order, and he presets his GPS the night before.

And Lastly, he thoroughly knows his carriers. He doesn't have to spend a lot of time (like I do, as a new agent) deciding which company to go with. SNL is his go-to and their app is super easy. He does sell all the other main ones but uses them on a case by case basis.

If you add all these factors together it adds up to several extra hours a day. I know for me demographically this would be impossible as I work a rural area and some of my leads are 45 minutes apart! However, by focusing on the organization and less wasted talk any agent can improve with his system.

Update:

My leads have come in and I am selling. The benefits of being with Doug:

1. We skype on a weekly basis. He watches my presentation and critiques.

2. I am able to call him while in a house if I need direction.

3. He has a website full of invaluable webinars and pdfs. He even has a webinar on how to fill out a TA app and how to order supplies from them!!

4. He teaches me what he knows about ordering leads.

5. He is available!!

6. I feel he has shaved off about 18 months of my learning curve.

7 An added bonus has been Ben Bomans conference call. This call has been amazing. Every week I learn so much about this business.

8. And let's not forget the ding machine, it is very inspiring to read throughout the day, and people post all kinds of good info.

YES SIR CAPTAIN SIR!

"Never question Anything I say"...lol.

(Me thinks U got a problem...)

First problem is....ur in the wrong biz. Try the church...I hear they r looking for sheep herders n minion leaders the lead the flock...."right off the cliff....."

Gooner....your name fits your personality.

I dont know you, Gooner or agent 5

However Gooner did say he is not attesting to the program but addressing Agent 5 on his production

and his method

So I would have to agree with Gooner you are making yourself look foolish
With personal attacks not based on fact

I decided to leave the payroll deduction market and focus on seniors. I didn't really know where to start, but I KNEW I wanted to be a Rockstar. So 2 weeks ago I called Doug and we got started. He told me what contracts he would recommend for my state so now I'm waiting on company approvals.

While I'm waiting he has kept me very busy. He has given me a word for word script that I'm memorizing and some videos of himself.

Friday I drove from SC to his area in FL. He had 16 appointments scheduled.

This is the breakdown:

1 no-show
1 wouldn't let us in the house
2-3 didn't give full presentations
3 ran out of time to call on
9 full presentations

Sold 8 policies ranging in premium from $36-119 month.

Total AP $6000!!!!!!!!!!

I was in total amazement. I had never seen anything like it in in-home sales.

His system is completely duplicable.
He is reachable.

The bottom line is he is a machine!

To say the least, I'm stoked. As far as the amount of commission that I'm giving up for a short period of time, I feel it's completely worth it. The reason is because he is shaving off about 18-24 months of my learning curve.

I feel this is a true opportunity to make some real money.

Just curious, what % of this $6000 stays on the books?

An excellent question, I am curious to know the answer myself.

SNL is better at helping agents keep business on the books than the typical FE carrier. I have attached a snapshot of my SNL portal showing a 90% P1 First Year Persistentcy and an 82% P2 2nd Year.

Attachments

• SNL Snapshot.docx
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Back