Let's Talk About Annuities W LTC Riders...

Charlie456

Expert
I've had a bunch of prospects lately that can't qualify for traditional LTCi and am looking for an LTC annuity for them. I'm just starting to dig into those products. Forethought's Forecare looks pretty good, as does OneAmerica's product. Any thoughts?

I've had a bunch of prospects lately that can't qualify for traditional LTCi and am looking for an LTC annuity for them. I'm just starting to dig into those products. Forethought's Forecare looks pretty good, as does OneAmerica's product. Any thoughts?

Forethought's ratings are tough to get around. I am a big OneAmerica fan...especially for those in their 70s. Lincoln has one approved in a handful (30+) of states but it needs some improvement.

I like Annuity Care II the best; and if you include inflation protection it grows the COB pool of money. Forethought inflation rider will compound monthly benefit but not pool of money so benefit period shortens.

I use Forethought when Annuity Care II is unavailable like in Pennsylvania, et al.

Back