Level Coverage for Afib 11 Months Ago?

Believe it or not, looks like SLAC would take this one. Med doesn't appear on their list and the app only asks about angina, heart attack, heart disease, or heart/circulatory surgery.

I believe afib is a disease of the heart...

If it ain't right, it's a disease....

RNA does not ask 'heart disease', so that's how it gets through with them.

I've called Amanda at Oxford and confirm the 2 yrs with meds is OK

I've also asked UHL in the past, and they are OK with meds over a period of time.

I've not called SLAC on afib before, but their app is almost carbon copy of OX, and the PHI is the same place....I'd imagine it could be similar...I can picture the slac staff putting me on hold so they can call Amanda, lol...

Of course, TA will be Standard for afib, no matter how long ago diagnosed.

These UW threads are great, I can always use new nuggets in my UW spreadsheet...

Best bet with these boarder line cases, esp gray areas with major organs, is get a risk assessment, and put the condition in the agent comments section so it is disclosed and becomes part of the 'entire contract' and who you spoke with.

Best bet with these boarder line cases, esp gray areas with major organs, is get a risk assessment, and put the condition in the agent comments section so it is disclosed and becomes part of the 'entire contract' and who you spoke with.

That is great idea, except for one detail.

Agent comments/agent report, are not always included with the policy. I guess those companies do not consider it part of the application signed by the insured and owner.

If you are going to do this, make sure it is a part of the app that is included in the policy. Then you are spot on about it being part of the entire contract.

Anyone know of a company for this one? Takes amiodarone. :GEEK:

So I drove 4 hours to write this lady a policy with AmCon, after I have asked her the health questions on 2 separate occasions over the phone with multiple companies (fe and supp). It was just a show up and collect the check type deal.

So I ask the health questions one last time before the interview while dying from cigarette smoke and she drops the copd bomb on me. Gotta love the lay downs.:swoon:
Will trans accept this lady as immediate coverage? She says the Afib was 2 years ago now.

----------

So I drove 4 hours to write this lady a policy with AmCon, after I have asked her the health questions on 2 separate occasions over the phone with multiple companies (fe and supp). It was just a show up and collect the check type deal.

So I ask the health questions one last time before the interview while dying from cigarette smoke and she drops the copd bomb on me. Gotta love the lay downs.:swoon:
Will trans accept this lady as immediate coverage? She says the Afib was 2 years ago now.

She uses a nebulizer every now and then.

So I drove 4 hours to write this lady a policy with AmCon, after I have asked her the health questions on 2 separate occasions over the phone with multiple companies (fe and supp). It was just a show up and collect the check type deal. So I ask the health questions one last time before the interview while dying from cigarette smoke and she drops the copd bomb on me. Gotta love the lay downs.:swoon: Will trans accept this lady as immediate coverage? She says the Afib was 2 years ago now. ---------- She uses a nebulizer every now and then.

And a touch of AIDS?

----------

Damn, I'll bet you were pissed off. Did you thank her for wasting a whole day and $40 worth of gas?

----------

Write her with Americo UP2. It will be less expensive and first day.

My Rx guide for them lists amiodarone as UP3.

----------

Going by the questions on the app, she should qualify for UP2 though. Makes no sense. Guess I will call them.

----------

----------

Going by the questions on the app, she should qualify for UP2 though. Makes no sense. Guess I will call them.

Afib is a forever condition with them so she would only qualify for UP3 there.

----------

----------

Afib is a forever condition with them so she would only qualify for UP3 there.

That's not what they have told us when we have them on the calls. They have said that if it's been corrected, {defibulator, etc}, then they can answer no to that question.

Back