Life insurance market

blue_wynd

Guru
100+ Post Club
Got someone who does part time ministry work and he is going to Africa later this year. Looking for a term policy and trying to see which carriers will be able to write it and be OK with the upcoming trip.

Got someone who does part time ministry work and he is going to Africa later this year. Looking for a term policy and trying to see which carriers will be able to write it and be OK with the upcoming trip.
not enough info, Africa is a huge continent with Some prohibited areas, some restricted/postponed & some that are no problem

Very good idea to ask the question first, instead of just writing it and finding out later, like some stupid agents do....

I had been a agent for about 4 years and the captive company I was with was all about selling life insurance. I wrote an auto and homeowners policy on a young couple. On this same first appointment I also sold this couple a 30 year mortgage term policy. His premium was $8.60/month for $70,000. I was pretty excited I made a life sale, that day in 1990!

Going thru the app with them, the question of travel outside US was answered, "Yes I am going to Zaire Africa next week to volunteer at a church. Total travel time 3 weeks". Wrote it all down, the rest of the questions were all 'no'. Didn't think anything of it. It wasn't part of the 'do not collect money' questions. No meds were required at that age and amount. Siggies were all completed, I collected two months down, and provided him with the conditional receipt.

The next week the company sends out, certified, a cancellation and returned the down payment - unable to consider coverage due to traveling to Africa.

And as my luck has it, the very same day I get my copy of the letter, I get the call from the dad - the insured did a header off the roof of the church they were bulding and was DEAD!

The Company ended up paying and I'm sure they thought about terminating my ass too.

Your question was just too similar....

Dave

Back