Life Insurance Vs Final Expense

StagekissPDX

Expert
Hey Life Insurance Forum,

I was talking with my sister last night, and she questioned why I was going to specifically sell Final Expense vs also selling Life Insurance (I sold both with the last IMO I was with). I bunted back to her that my initial drive to get my license, was to sell final expense: I wanted to focus on FE. The 'in-a-nutshell' backstory on my why, had been set into motion when my beloved Mom passed away in late December, without a stitch of final expense or life insurance set aside. But my sister did get me thinking, as she often does,....

As I'm all set to work with DBGA (YAY! See? This girl can pull the trigger!), I know they have 2 arms to their platform, one being life insurance and the other being final expense. I've been reading in the final expense forum about the stickability rate of life insurance vs final expense, and now, I'm a bit torn about which one is better to sell, and would have a higher persistency rate. I did some digging, and I can't seem to get much satisfactory data on this.

I'm curious to read your thoughts, words of wisdom, your own experience(s), and which (Life Insurance or Final Expense), in your own opinion, has a better persistency average....and @JRoot, if you'd care to join in and give your .02, on this, that would be amazing as well.

Thanks everyone!

I'm curious to read your thoughts, words of wisdom, your own experience(s), and which (Life Insurance or Final Expense), in your own opinion, has a better persistency average..

I have and do sell both. Did one of each today, in the same home. Over the phone, in flip flops. They called me and asked if I had time to sell them. You will not be doing that. At least for a while.
Everyone else's experience is not going to narrow down to what is best for you. You are you.

Unless your sister is a successful agent or IMO thank her, pour a glass of wine and change the subject.

My suggestion is to focus on your start with DBGA. Forget what everyone else is saying. Listen to them not anyone else. Those guys are more than able to help you if you get into a term or IUL sale. Find one thing that you can focus on and earn MONEY!

I have written some highly successful FE only agents. These guys are laser-focused on FE. Be that until you can broaden your focus.

You know you got all this advice in your other thread. Delete all the IMO spam emails you get, do not reply to the spam IMO phone messages. Don't become the agent version of the serial FE DM responder.

All IMohsoHO

I have and do sell both. Did one of each today, in the same home. Over the phone, in flip flops. They called me and asked if I had time to sell them. You will not be doing that. At least for a while.
Everyone else's experience is not going to narrow down to what is best for you. You are you.

Unless your sister is a successful agent or IMO thank her, pour a glass of wine and change the subject.

My suggestion is to focus on your start with DBGA. Forget what everyone else is saying. Listen to them not anyone else. Those guys are more than able to help you if you get into a term or IUL sale. Find one thing that you can focus on and earn MONEY!

I have written some highly successful FE only agents. These guys are laser-focused on FE. Be that until you can broaden your focus.

You know you got all this advice in your other thread. Delete all the IMO spam emails you get, do not reply to the spam IMO phone messages. Don't become the agent version of the serial FE DM responder.

All IMohsoHO

^^^What he said^^^

When people who don’t even have an insurance license give you advice of how to make a profit with your insurance license just nod your head and smile. They mean well. But they don’t have a clue.

100% what Wino said.

Focus on FE - go with your instincts. It cashflows better initially and is an easier market to master. If you follow our sales training, your persistency will be fine. Whatever you do, trust the process and don't get distracted...you'll find out immediately if telesales is right for you.

Back