Lifetime payout question

Lundprov

I have a question for someone getting a lifetime payout from there annuity. I have deferred annuity with two more years to go. It says that your payout can increase with interest on your account. I was wondering if anyone has has received an increase. I’m very skeptical on this because mine has performed very poorly so far.

I have a question for someone getting a lifetime payout from there annuity. I have deferred annuity with two more years to go. It says that your payout can increase with interest on your account. I was wondering if anyone has has received an increase. I’m very skeptical on this because mine has performed very poorly so far.
Not enough info

Why do you say it has 2 more years? Are you 98 years old, or do you mean that your locked in interest rate changes in 2 years?

What kind of annuity? Fixed, Indexed or Variable

Sorry about that, it's a 10 year deferred annuity and I'm in the eighth year. I can start drawing lifetime income or cash it in after the tenth year. I believe it's an indexed annuity.

Sorry about that, it's a 10 year deferred annuity and I'm in the eighth year. I can start drawing lifetime income or cash it in after the tenth year. I believe it's an indexed annuity.

You can likely continue to keep it deferred after 10 years. Likely the surrender charge period ends at 10th year.

You will need to likely get your exact contract information showing exact insurance company, exact product name & exact riders & features to figure out the answers to the questions. Way too many variations between product types, riders, income riders or turning into actual irrevocable payout Annuity.

Contact your agent or find a reputable one that is contracted with the company that issued you the policy

Last edited:
Back