Link to Your Insurance Competitors

We get contacted about once a month from a link broker offering us $200 to put a link on our site with the anchor text "life insurance quotes" or something similar. Obviously we always tell them no thanks.

Linking to our own competitors is one thing, but linking to our clients' competitors is an another thing entirely.

We get contacted about once a month from a link broker offering us $200 to put a link on our site with the anchor text "life insurance quotes" .

and gezzz.....did you really have to slam the phone in my ear every week afterwards..........

PS yes BUYING links is usually a rip-off.

lol i BEG TO DIFFER, $200 FROM ONE SITE YEA DEF WASTE 9/10 , BUT BUYING LINKS IS EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE JUST LOOK AT THE LINK PROFILES OF MOST TOP 3 SITES FOR ANY INSURANCE KW WITH TRAFFIC

so you are not an insurance agent.......................

No I am, I just only field 5-10 app requests a week which as you know doesn't take long. Just high quality leads. By March I intend to push my top kw's up enough to hit 20 a week and make a $200,000 income of life insurance and just outsource my freelance SEO

I do a bit of SEO on my website and many commercial lending websites and there is an extremely effective way to conduct link trading that many website owners are afraid to do. This is to link to your competition. If you rank well for "health insurance quotes" and so does another site, linking to that site is in both of your self interests. You're going to have to compete with numerous sites, better you both rank higher than lose to other sites.

Linking to competitors who rank well for similar keywords won't make you lose business. No one is going to go into your link pages and then choose to go with one of those sites for insurance instead of yours, or at least it's very unlikely. If you had relevant links to 20-30 highly ranked sites for similar keywords you would see tremendous gains in your SERPS.

With that said, I'd like to link trade with those who rank very well for life insurance or even health insurance keywords, preferrably PR2 or better.

If you'd like to link to me, goto to my link request form at Financial Link Exchange

Thanks Eric. I linked to your site. I do not see how it can hurt. I am on page 1 for long term care insurance quotes. You are on page 1 for life insurance quotes. I have a PR 3. You have a PR 2. Maybe by linking we can help each other. I will await your reciprocal link.

Back