LIS or SNP

insurance5511

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
ga
I haven't sold one of these yet but have a client that's t65 and on a very low fixed income, but doesn't have Medicaid. Is there a website where I can instantly see if they can qualify for LIS or SNP, instead of them having to go to social security? Thanx

To see if they qualify, yes just google 2017 LIS numbers.

To actually get approved instantly? I wish. You can go to ssa.gov and apply for extra help benefits which is LIS and the Medicare savings program.

I haven't sold one of these yet but have a client that's t65 and on a very low fixed income, but doesn't have Medicaid. Is there a website where I can instantly see if they can qualify for LIS or SNP, instead of them having to go to social security? Thanx

You are talking about 2 completely different things. Of course you haven't sold an LIS. And you never will. That's not something you sell.

They have to qualify for the Low Income Subsidy. Based on income and assets and how many in the household.

If they qualify of an LIS then they will have a continuous SEP and you can sell them what they qualify for. That might be an SNP?

Do they meet the qualifications of the Special Needs Plan? That will be an HMO. Are their doctors and hospitals in the organization?

As for finding out if they are on the LIS you can many times look them up at medicage.gov and find out.

If they are not then they will have to apply for the subsidy. At SS, at a Welfare office or food stamp office.

I usually fill out the application for them and get the update in about two weeks from Medicare.gov to see if they qualified vs waiting for the letter in the mail.

This is a very powerful tool to use your helping them save money and giving you a shot at an SEP for another plan that might work better for them. I call that a win win. (as long as they are a good candidate).

Back