Litchfield Agency?

glrocky

Expert
Has anyone run across this firm before? They're not offering anything new, but I found this statement rather troubling:

"[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] We are leveraging the internet and web based tools to sell supplemental plans to existing clients and to acquire new ones. You can sell these products online NATIONWIDE (you need only to be licensed in your home state) via your own replicated website."

I wasn't aware that you could sell an insurance product across state lines without being licensed in the customer's home state. I supposed the catch might be that Litchfield doesen't consider these to be insurance products.

Perhaps I'm being an alarmist, but this looks like something that agents should steer clear of.

:GEEK:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Their website links to various legitimate products. www.litchfieldagency.com Based on the quote I just ran there, it looks like their agency gets paid the commission on nationwide sales and then pays you. I think that's called "commission assignment", or something like that.

Don't you love it when people put their "couple" picture on their website? Wow, I want to buy insurance from them. Ridiculous.

Back