Lone Star Script Care? is It Legit?

I've been signed up with them for over 2 years and have never had any problems. I don't actively solicit for this type of business, I just tossed it up on my website so people can sign up themselves. My main goal is to help people and not for the occasional 20 bucks in commission.

To answer your question, yes, they are legit. This tread has been around for quite a while so if they were crooked in some way it would have been posted here long ago. If you're the type that likes to help people for the betterment of society then go for it. If you sign up just for the money then it won't be worth it, unless you help save people money and then get them to use that savings for life insurance. This is the reason I keep them around.

I've been signed up with them for over 2 years and have never had any problems. I don't actively solicit for this type of business, I just tossed it up on my website so people can sign up themselves. My main goal is to help people and not for the occasional 20 bucks in commission. To answer your question, yes, they are legit. This tread has been around for quite a while so if they were crooked in some way it would have been posted here long ago. If you're the type that likes to help people for the betterment of society then go for it. If you sign up just for the money then it won't be worth it, unless you help save people money and then get them to use that savings for life insurance. This is the reason I keep them around.

I'm thinking, from her post, she is a client and not an agent.

Baseless statement.....

Perhaps you'd care to explain why you wouldn't send a client's info, assumingly one in need of affordable meds, to Lone Star.

Prescription discount cards are a dime a dozen. I tell my clients that they can get them online. I am NOT sending my clients SS number to anyone outside of the insurer and I am NOT putting them at risk because some Insurance agents are making profit from them.

Prescription discount cards are a dime a dozen. I tell my clients that they can get them online. I am NOT sending my clients SS number to anyone outside of the insurer and I am NOT putting them at risk because some Insurance agents are making profit from them.

Prescription cards and LSSC are not the same thing. If a person needs, for example, Xarelto. With a GoodRx discount the cheapest this med is in my area is $348.28 (20mg/30x). By using LSSC that cost becomes $20.00. This is a real life example. I know of no discount card that will give a 95% discount (based on the local cash price of $406) on any medication. Xarelto is an extreme example but even if the cash price of the med is only $40 then half price is still better than discount cards ($40 less the Lone Star fee of $20).

As far as giving out people's SS number you're making it sound like you're sending in their number without their knowledge or permission. Clients give out their SS number for life insurance. Both with insurance and Lone Star the client has to give their SS# and also commits to a financial obligation and in both cases the agent makes money,
so what's the difference?

You may argue that Lone Star is not an insurance company so perhaps they are somehow less trustworthy. As I said before with as much discussion on this thread as we've seen here regarding Lone Star, if they were (or had done) anything remotely dishonest we would have (by now) seen it posted here.

Of course they make a profit by being in business, as does any business. My hat is off to any business that can make a profit and help people at the same time. That's what's so great about this business. If an agent has the type of upbringing that has taught him the fulfillment that comes with helping others, we can do both. As I do.

Just as I suspected, you have no clue :D:D:D

Just as I suspected, you have no clue :D:D:D

If a client want's to sign themselves up, then great. As I said, I have no intention on sending my clients information to anyone but the carrier I am dealing with. After reading what Jerard wrote, it sounds like Lone Star actually might have a good product.

I respect Jerard because he is successful here in Florida and I like that he doesn't just get butt hurt every time someone writes something that he doesn't agree with. I also appreciate the fact that he actually takes the time to type out a sensible explanation as to why he feels the way he does about the topic, without giving off that "frustrated" vibe that a lot of the posters give off in their comments.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well!

If a client want's to sign themselves up, then great. As I said, I have no intention on sending my clients information to anyone but the carrier I am dealing with. After reading what Jerard wrote, it sounds like Lone Star actually might have a good product.

I respect Jerard because he is successful here in Florida and I like that he doesn't just get butt hurt every time someone writes something that he doesn't agree with. I also appreciate the fact that he actually takes the time to type out a sensible explanation as to why he feels the way he does about the topic, without giving off that "frustrated" vibe that a lot of the posters give off in their comments.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well!

Actually I do get butt hurt....but I took a class on how to make voodoo dolls* ...then I sit in a dark room and stick long pins into them. :D

*because I ran out of cats

Back