Looking for a new ACA FMO

Melo5457

Expert
If you put your ACA contracts under an FMO recently--but want to
change and put contracts under another one--no business has been
submitted--will they have to give me a release, or can I just move them immediatly?
Thanks
Melo

submitted--will they have to give me a release, or can I just move them immediatly?
Thanks
Melo
See if they'll give you a release. If not, cancel your contracts with each carrier and wait 6 months and recontract. Until then, contract with carriers you don't have through the FMO you want to leave.

Thanks
Melo
Writing business doesn’t matter except it resets your six month wait. The day you are contracted with an agent number you are locked in for six months. Every time you write a policy it restarts the six month wait.

Last edited:
Thanks, what kind of questions should I ask before joining a new FMO for ACA?
The FIRST question obviously is Do they release?

The other questions are:
1. Can you send me a copy of your commission levels that I will start at?
2. Am I paid directly from the carriers?
3. What lead programs do you have and are your leads EVER re-sold?
4. Can I sit in on one of your training calls prior to contracting?
5. Will I have open communication to talk with your top performing agents on a regular basis? Who is going to train me and answer my questions? How much insurance have they sold?

Thanks
Melo

Hands down! The Brokerage. Their department staff has answered my endless questions and have given me the tools that have made me so much more skillful than before.,

Hands down! The Brokerage. Their department staff has answered my endless questions and have given me the tools that have made me so much more skillful than before.,

That’s the issue I’ve had with Aca . I’m direct on my contracts and its hell talking to co’s . There’s so little communication from CO’s to agents about products and other things . I do most of my business with Ambetter . It’s hell getting a good English person on the phone . With the Brokerage are you paid directly from all the Aca carriers? Do they help with customer service? Do they send out info on the different products you’re going to sell?

I think I will have to cancel my contracts and wait the 6 months..who is the contact for The Brokerage?

I think I will have to cancel my contracts and wait the 6 months..who is the contact for The Brokerage?

800-442-4915
I’ve only sold a few Aetna ACAs which were paid by the carrier. I’ve added about 6 new ones this AEP. I haven’t done more because it coincides with Medicare AEP, pretty time consuming in its own right.

Last edited:

Do they share the marketing and retention bonuses with you?

Back