Looking for Appointments with certain carriers in FL

JR Agent

I am looking for a MGA or Cluster that has access to Progressive and Auto Owners in FL. Right now Progressive has a freeze on appointments and in my area Auto Owners decline me because it was over saturated with agents. Can anyone recommend a MGA or Cluster that has access to those carriers?

I believe you can just do just fine without them. Progressive steal your own customer so not worth getting it.

I am looking for a MGA or Cluster that has access to Progressive and Auto Owners in FL. Right now Progressive has a freeze on appointments and in my area Auto Owners decline me because it was over saturated with agents. Can anyone recommend a MGA or Cluster that has access to those carriers?

Auto-Owners is a great company, I used to write for them quite a bit as an agent at an old agency I worked for. I hear for new appointments they want right of first refusal, and like 80% of new business to be written with them. You'd essentially be an independent agency on paper but in reality a quasi-captive. I also don't think they allow agencies to give out subproducer codes to other agencies, like you commonly see in clusters and MGAs.

If your agency isn't 3rd generation, has a name like a law firm and has marble floors, you aren't getting an Auto Owners appointment in FL. Standard carriers don't like the state, and most don't really want growth there.

If your agency isn't 3rd generation, has a name like a law firm and has marble floors, you aren't getting an Auto Owners appointment in FL. Standard carriers don't like the state, and most don't really want growth there.

Unfortunately that's not just Florida. If you're not a dying 75 year old agency owner with a decrepit-looking agency, they don't want you.

did you ever get one? im desperate to selling in some capacity because i havent been appointed directly yet

Back