Looking for E&O and Training

jocha

Hi all. I'm hoping someone from this great forum can help provide some advice. I recently left NYL and going independent. In addition to a Life/Health Lic, I recently passed the Fire and Casualty Lic. I plan to continue selling Life Ins. and add Health and P/C. Some questions I have are:

• Can someone recommend a reputable E&O company? I’ve read that I will need at least $1M. Can I get by with less? Can I sell the E&O policy to myself and collect on the commission (wishful thinking).
  • With zero experience selling Health and P/C, I’m planning to sign up with IHIAA or Health Choice One for product training. Are there better training companies out there? At this time, I’m not looking for classes on how to organize my calander or how to make cold calls. I’m looking for hardcore product training so I can hit the ground running.
Thanks in advance for the advice. Feel free to inbox me if you wish.
John

When it comes to Health Insurance, I highly recommend that you use IHIAA. They get a big discount on E and O and also offer great Training. I believe that HCO is one of the IMOS they recommend also.

I would strongly suggest you don't bother with heatlh insurance unless you like working for next to nothing and likely lose most if not all your clients in 2014.

You already know life insurance. Why not focus on what you know?

Rick

I would strongly suggest you don't bother with heatlh insurance unless you like working for next to nothing and likely lose most if not all your clients in 2014.

You already know life insurance. Why not focus on what you know?

Rick

Rick, I agree with you but..another another note... IF Obama does not get voted in again, can the next dummy change that law or undo what the 1st dummy did?

Rick, I agree with you but..another another note... IF Obama does not get voted in again, can the next dummy change that law or undo what the 1st dummy did?

Don't have a crystal ball, but I think that no matter what happens, we're done by 2014.

The exchanges will continue and the govt. will subsidize them. All this at no commission.

I've already made my plans for the future and they don't include health insurance. So I'll leave it to others to work their ass off and see their business fall off in 2-3 years.

Rick

I'm southern, so are you saying that there is no way for the new guy that gets voted in to undo all this crap? or are you saying that the new guy won't do it...

I agree with you that it is a waste of time and that if you are selling health insurance you need to look into something else also.

Mark and Rick, Thanks for the feedback. Definitely, life is going to be one of my core products. Are there courses which provide training on P/C products? I’m thinking along the lines of Home/Auto/Business.

jocha,

I took my P&C pre-licensing class at a company called Mike Russ. They also offer online classes called "understanding homeowners and auto insurance" and things like that. I have also seen emails from them advertising classes like "using your P&C license". I have not tried any of them but they may be worth looking into. They seem like they would have more practical information than what you learned to get the license. mikerussonline.com - not an employee but a satisfied customer.

Question: Do you know how to sell?

Regardless of what anyone will tell you, insurance is a sales position, you need a set of skills or you will fail just like 80 something percent of all other agents who came in thinking otherwise.

Unless you're a Geico call center type environment, even then closing skills help when people "need to think it over."

You can get product training anywhere, the carriers will teach you their products, because they want you to offer those products, so that should NOT influence your decision.

Best of luck, although I don't believe in luck. LOL

Hi all. I'm hoping someone from this great forum can help provide some advice. I recently left NYL and going independent. In addition to a Life/Health Lic, I recently passed the Fire and Casualty Lic. I plan to continue selling Life Ins. and add Health and P/C. Some questions I have are:
  • Can someone recommend a reputable E&O company? I’ve read that I will need at least $1M. Can I get by with less? Can I sell the E&O policy to myself and collect on the commission (wishful thinking).
  • With zero experience selling Health and P/C, I’m planning to sign up with IHIAA or Health Choice One for product training. Are there better training companies out there? At this time, I’m not looking for classes on how to organize my calander or how to make cold calls. I’m looking for hardcore product training so I can hit the ground running.
Thanks in advance for the advice. Feel free to inbox me if you wish.
John

Latest posts

Back