Looking for MGA/IMO in NJ

HarryDaBroker

Expert
I recently acquired a decent book of business ranging from 50 - 1200 employees that is mostly worksite. As I have been going out to meet the clients, a few of them have asked me to look at their health. Who do you guys think is a good GA to go through for health?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
by the way, I already have appointments set with emerson reid, brown & brown and cbdi. I am just looking for opinions. My office is in south jersey, but we have clients all over the country.

Last edited:
Why not contract direct with the carriers at least in NJ.

If you have access to that many groups the carriers will be more than happy to work with you.

On out of state groups you might want to partner up with different brokers in each state.

Sorry I am not much help on the original question.

Thanks for the response ABC. From my brief experience, what I have learned is there is power in premium. Since I don't control a large book of health premiums, I don't want my clients to suffer by dealing directly with the carrier where I am a small fish that can be ignored. Also, My background is in Real Estate so I am still going through the learning curve of insurance so I do need a support mechanism in place as well. Hope that makes more since, thanks again!

Thanks for the response ABC. From my brief experience, what I have learned is there is power in premium. Since I don't control a large book of health premiums, I don't want my clients to suffer by dealing directly with the carrier where I am a small fish that can be ignored. Also, My background is in Real Estate so I am still going through the learning curve of insurance so I do need a support mechanism in place as well. Hope that makes more since, thanks again!

I understand and it sounds like a wise decision just make sure who ever you team up with has a high level of service.

I understand and it sounds like a wise decision just make sure who ever you team up with has a high level of service.

oh, thats how this response thing works. just hit the quote button... i think im getting the hang of this.:GEEK:

contract direct with united health (oxford), they have different depts that will help you quote. call them... you can contract with assurant direct, etna direct

contract direct with united health (oxford), they have different depts that will help you quote. call them... you can contract with assurant direct, etna direct

thanks, but i dont think i know enough health premium to go direct yet. does that make a difference with health?

Conner Strong is a good start. They are HQ'd in Marltton NJ and have expertise in your sized groups. The firm I work for strictly does voluntary benefits for mid - large sized companies ( 500-10,000 EEs ) I would reach out to Randy Barber.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Conner Strong is a good start. They are HQ'd in Marltton NJ and have expertise in your sized groups. The firm I work for strictly does voluntary benefits for mid - large sized companies ( 500-10,000 EEs ) I would reach out to Randy Barber.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back