Looking for Opinions...

I thought the Allianz products at heart of lawsuits were the Flexdex and or Bonusdex

BPA was Aviva but the main two-tier product in the industry was Allianz.

Ah. Thats right. I was thinking of BonusDex and Flexdex.

Another from Allianz was MasterDex. I think that one had the 4 year payout requirement.

Again, some timing luck comes into play here.

I am right now evaluating two different annuity clients that have to annuitize to receive lifetime income (that's not normally the case with products issued in the last decade plus).

One has a cash value of 300k with a benefit base of 360k. The other has a cv of 1m and a benefit of almost 2m.

They are the same contract. The only difference is the one with the huge gap bought in 2006, the other in 2008.

So one contract caught the top and rolled up off of that, the other didn't. Was the original agent in either case wrong? No. Was one client luckier than the other? Absolutely.

That has been my biggest issue with selling FIAs. Timing can really make or break returns... even just a few months can be a big difference at times.

Speaking of market timing and index products. I thought of this thread today. Reviewed 2 IULs. Husband/wife. Contract date apx 50 days apart....

Husbands sales Illustration showed y2 at $9,146
Husbands current value is $8,775

Wifes sales illustration showed y2 at $10,271
Wifes current value is $13,011

Nothing different but the luck of their contract date.

Speaking of market timing and index products. I thought of this thread today. Reviewed 2 IULs. Husband/wife. Contract date apx 50 days apart....

Husbands sales Illustration showed y2 at $9,146
Husbands current value is $8,775

Wifes sales illustration showed y2 at $10,271
Wifes current value is $13,011

Nothing different but the luck of their contract date.

Poor timing from the agent that sold it. LOL

Any chance the wife had better risk class than illustrated and/or husband worse than illustrated cause hers to be more over funded than his? Guess it would be too early for that to matter as COI wont matter until later

Always shocked how many agents don't modify the premium or face when client approved at worse than originally illustrated & carriers don't mention it even when funding at below target due to the risk class difference

Back