Looks Like UHC Preparing to Exit Obamacare

From what I saw a harken did not appear to be the cheapest in the areas I checked. And my assumption is that they will keep a lot of sick people off of the books because of the tight networks. The days of a low cost PPO are gone

Harken isn't the cheapest..or the most expensive either. The only reason I contracted with them is because some of my Chicago clients lost their Blue Cross wide-PPO coverage, and their providers (doctors / local hospital) aren't accepting the new Blue Choice PPO. Interestingly, the huge Chicago Rush hospital/provider network is only taking Harken Health Individual On/Off Exchange plans starting 1/1/2016. Client called me earlier in the week to let me know that her personal physician is one of them.

Obamacare is forcing people further out onto the plank..with fewer options for staying reasonably insured. It's a real mess, to put it mildly.

Allen, can UHC pull their plans Dec 15th and let the ones who signed up for 16 remain on plans for 16?

BlueDiamond, arrogant HHS-CMS never formulated rules regarding when a company can and cannot leave, or under what circumstances. They couldn't fathom any health insurer being unhappy with wonderful Obamacare.

That being said, there's always an "out" for any health insurer that can come up with a good excuse... (i.e. Anthem in Florida). The truly unknown factor is if the company has the moral decency to get out in a way that allows its "valued" customers to transfer to another carrier with minimum disruption and unpaid medical bills hanging over their heads. (Like Assurant did!)

United Healthcare is unfairly and maliciously toying with Agents and Customers. They want to leave, but don't have the bawls to do it the right and respectful way. The company was squeamish about joining the Exchanges (waited a year), and now the bumfuzzled UHC leadership can't even get up the nerve to cut the cord..and their losses, in a respectful manner. They'd make great Republican Congressmen.

Keep in mind as well, under the ACA if a carrier jumps ship from the FFM they are blocked from returning for 5 years...

Kenny, no sweat off their backs there won't be an ACA in 3 years much less 5.

----------

Kenny, no sweat off their backs there won't be an ACA in 3 years much less 5.

Better start retooling and make your software compatible with auto and homeowner's. That I could buy into, just send them the link.

They might not leave, but if they stay they will make their plans uncompetitive through rate increases, plan design and skinnier networks. Plus reduce broker comp even more. Hoping the sick high-utilizers change to another carrier.

Commissions in a large number of states now 2%.
That should be an indicator they are on their way out.

Harken isn't the cheapest..or the most expensive either. The only reason I contracted with them is because some of my Chicago clients lost their Blue Cross wide-PPO coverage, and their providers (doctors / local hospital) aren't accepting the new Blue Choice PPO. Interestingly, the huge Chicago Rush hospital/provider network is only taking Harken Health Individual On/Off Exchange plans starting 1/1/2016. Client called me earlier in the week to let me know that her personal physician is one of them.

Obamacare is forcing people further out onto the plank..with fewer options for staying reasonably insured. It's a real mess, to put it mildly.

Wow, only Harken there. Thanks for sharing, sounds like an opportunity

Back