Lost Policy Found But ...

Re: Lost Policy Found But.....

I predict that there will be a post by another brand new member with a link to a website with the answer to this question.

so for the past 15+ years you have not had any luck getting the death benefit.

I'm holding firm to my prediction.

Last edited:

so for the past 15+ years you have not had any luck getting the death benefit.

I'm holding firm to my prediction.

=========================================

I NEVER THINK THAT THERE IS REALLY A POLICY BUT BECAUSE OF THIS INTERNET I FOUND SOME LINK ABOUT LOST POLICY, UNCLAIMED PROPERTY, UNCLAIMED STOCKS, ACCOUNTS, AND MANY MORE TO SEE THAT WAS SURRENDER TO THE STATE OR TO THE GOVENMENT BECAUSE NO ONE TRY TO LOOK FOR IT.

wHEN I TRY TO LOOK FOR THIS POLICY, THIS COMPANY RESPONSED THAT MY LATE HUSABND DID HAVE A POLICY BUT THIS COMPANY GOT TOOMANY REPLIES AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO TO BELIVE, ONE WHO REPLY TO ME SAYS IT IS LAPSED, ONE ASKED FOR A DOCUMENT, ONE SAID THEY CANOT FIND THE POLICY WHEN THEY ARE THE ONE WHO TOLD ME THEY HAVE THE POLICY. WEIRD HUH>>>>..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Since you are receiving conflicting documents and dates from the same insurance company; it sounds like your husband might have had multiple policies with them.

Is it all the same insurance company?

The life insurance policy should not go to probate if he specifically named you as beneficiary of the policy. The funds from the policy should be exempt from probate and go directly to you tax free (if you are the beneficiary).
If you are not, the funds from the life insurance would indeed be included in his estate and go through probate (this is assuming that he named no one as the beneficiary; if a specific person is named it goes to them, if none is named it goes to probate).

Proving yourself as the beneficiary should be easier than proving yourself the executor of his estate.
So finding out if you are the named beneficiary or not is key if the policies are still in force.

But from what you stated the letters read, it sounds like the policies in question have lapsed. But it is certainly worth tracking down..

You need to find an independent insurance agent in your area who is authorized to do business with whatever company the policies are with.
They can talk to the company on your behalf and find out the facts and relay them to you.
You also might want to speak to a financial advisor or tax attorney and discuss going over your husbands financial records.
Even if he didnt keep copies, the banks do.
Any check he wrote, credit or debit card transactions, etc. are all recorded in their files. They can access this for you and you can find out if he was still paying premiums on any policies and what premiums he did pay on the other policies...
=====================================

I AM TRYING TO GET A COPIES OF THAT POLICY IN QUESTION...

SAME INSURANCE COMPANY WHO REPLY TO ME IN DIFFERENT BRANCH....

SAME INSURANCE COMPANY WHO HAVE DIFFERENT VERSION OF RESPONSED.

TY

Last edited:

WHY can't you get your story straight?

If you have already found the policy

WHY are you asking the company for a copy of it?

WHY wouldn't you tell us what is written on the policy

(it's in plain ole English)?

58 is young enough to be able to read what is written.

*In case you're for real, write a letter to the CEO of the insurance company. Tell him all you want is to find out exactly what happened to the policy. He'll call someone and you'll get a call from a nice person from the headquarter on the same day.

Last edited:

Can I ask if English is your second language?

What company did you call?

How did you find the policy and what does it say?

hmm, is it possible to fake being a beneficiary? I was thinking this same thing, about the language.... wonder if nigeria is onto something new....

Can I ask if English is your second language?

Syntax is quite nigerian-scamlike and expresses that he/she is a newbie to computers yet knows how to do this--

Last edited by perfectlove : Today at 04:40 PM. Reason: Posts merged

I call foul.

hmm, is it possible to fake being a beneficiary? I was thinking this same thing, about the language.... wonder if nigeria is onto something new....

I think we are beginning to see this more clearly.

She is still the executrix and the estate is still open after 16 years? It does not pass the smell test! I think she is the same person who asked me to assist her in getting money that was in a frozen account out of Nigeria.

not passing at all! I am still trying to figure out WHY, if you know there's a policy already, why you would use a "find lost money" website?

Funny... where's she at?

She is still the executrix and the estate is still open after 16 years? It does not pass the smell test! I think she is the same person who asked me to assist her in getting money that was in a frozen account out of Nigeria.

Back