LTC for a recent cancer patient

I have a 65-year-old couple who wants a quote on LTC insurance. The wife had a lumpectomy last year for breast cancer and the oncologist told her it was that if she was going to have breast cancer that this was the one she wanted and she would probably never have another issue. The question is which company would consider her if any?

I have a 65-year-old couple who wants a quote on LTC insurance. The wife had a lumpectomy last year for breast cancer and the oncologist told her it was that if she was going to have breast cancer that this was the one she wanted and she would probably never have another issue. The question is which company would consider her if any?
Cancer within 2 years. I'll bet none.

That's what I was thinking, I don't think waiting another year will kill them, she is very healthy otherwise and I suspect once the diagnosis and treatment are far enough behind her she should be fine. She only takes a cholesterol med otherwise and they are both very active.
Write him now, while you know he qualifies.

• Mutual of Omaha, in situ or Stage 1, tx completed, no recurrence, possible standard after 1 year.
  • National Guardian Life - at least 2 years
  • Thrivent - in situ, treatment and disease free for 6 months - consider for standard

If only Stage 0-1, not hard to get best traditional LTC coverage after 1 year...else 2 years likely. Some of the hybrids were only 6 month as I recall.
Don't know why an LTC company would be overly concerned with a cancer issue. Cancer patients do not normally end up receiving LTC.

Back