LTC Training (advanced) ???

Aside from spending over $1,100.00 for CLTC training and designation does anyone know of good training for LTC strategies? I have the state training and renewal but would like to take my knowledge to the next level.

Hello Tom,

I’ve been in practice for 29 years and thought I knew how to effectively have the long-term care conversation with clients. In December 2019, I enrolled in the eCLTC course, the alternative to attending the live Master Class. I quickly realized there was a remarkably different approach, and a much more effective one, to engage people in this difficult discussion. I now use the “CLTC approach” and it works! By guiding the conversation (which you will learn how to do in the course), people reasonably come to their own conclusion they need to have a plan for long-term care and it makes sense to review alternatives to fund the plan. Whether your preference is stand-alone long-term care insurance or hybrid products or you utilize both in your practice, you may find a more receptive audience for your services if you avail yourself of training through CLTC.

If you visit the CLTC website, there is often a $200 or more discount offered so you needn’t pay the full $1,165. CLTC offers live webinars monthly (which are later archived) and issues a quarterly digest with timely and informative articles. In addition, on the website there is a forum where you can ask questions of the instructors about any topic you can think of relating to long-term care. This gives you valuable access to dedicated, practicing professionals.

I am not receiving any remuneration or complementary benefits for posting this glowing recommendation. I simply wanted to share my thoughts. I indeed learned many new strategies by taking the CLTC course and by reading and watching CLTC produced materials.

Best of luck to you in all your endeavors.

Tom, the average commission for one client couple will pay for the CLTC designation 3 times. Take the class, it's well worth it. (Full disclosure, I'm on CLTC's advisory board, and I've been a CLTC since 2003.)

Back