LTC Vs HHC

I don't know, don't pay much attention to LTC anymore. LTCi has gotten so expensive and they're all raising premiums, so I stopped selling it a few years ago. I'm selling Short Term Nursing Home insurance now. Kemper's is a very limited HHC policy.

Do you ever write Medico, or American Republic, for Short Term Care Recovery?

Do you ever write Medico, or American Republic, for Short Term Care Recovery?

No, I like Sterling Investors. I also have Guarantee Trust Life and Standard Life & Accident, but they're not as good and more expensive. I looked at Medico, but I thought it was less coverage and more costly than Sterling Investors.

Who are some of the carriers that offer HHC? I read about Kemper.

Kemper does have HHC and is available in Iowa. I'm sure there are others out there, but you'll get eye strain trying to find them.

I do have that contract available if you need it.

Kemper does have HHC and is available in Iowa. I'm sure there are others out there, but you'll get eye strain trying to find them.

I do have that contract available if you need it.

BLC does too... just ignore that other post about them getting sued over their LTC products recently...

Long term care (LTC) insurance secure financing of ltc services, which includes personal/custodial care, home health care (HHC) and care facilities. Medicare does not usually provide coverage for HHC, they recommend skilled care facilities where you can get covered but only for a limited period of time.

If your illness or disability can be managed in the comfort of your home, HHC covers this, but if you require advance medical supervision and need to stay in a care facility, you are no longer covered by HHC...LTC insurance covers both..hope this helps :)

Back