LTC with Scoliosis........

don't even bother with a traditional LTCi product.

will definitely be declined for a traditional product.

what state is this person in?

I inquired with several carriers including MOO and MedAmerica about someone with scoliosis who had rods. I was told as long as they are functional without any kind of debilitating pain or other complications, they would be considered for tradtional coverage at standard rates. This was about 3 years ago but I suggest you contact some of your carriers and just see what their underwriters say before you give up hope.

So it looks like I'm SOL. If any of you guys find something and are licensed in Alabama, shoot me a pm, so I can sign up, thanks. I hope this didn't sound snarky I really appreciate the inputs and PMs.

Last edited:
So it looks like I'm SOL. If any of you guys find something and are licensed in Alabama, shoot me a pm, so I can sign up, thanks. I hope this didn't sound snarky I really appreciate the inputs and PMs.

Unless you recently had the rods implanted.....or as mentioned earlier, you are in chronic pain or have limitations, I do not see any special reason that you would not be insurable for traditional LTC, with most if not all carriers. Usually scoliosis is corrected in young females....and then you can live with rods for the rest of your life. No idea what your situation is. Mutual of Omaha does not care if you have rods if they were put in long ago and all is well, as an example.

Back