MA AEP

How many apps have you done so far?

Heavy Humana

32 med adv and 7 med supp since 10/15. Mostly Humana for MAPD but I am in an expansion county for BCBS so they're getting more than normal. Other areas I'm seeing Humana winning AEP big time.

I won’t list #’s as a certain poster says I’m a liar and bragger . But I’ve read of people in the 130-150 app area already . Humama’s 90% of my business so far . I spent a huge amount of time on retention . Better watch your back door this yr there will be a ton of poaching of clients . Even though that humana part b giveback ain’t that good a product hard to say no to $100 a month

I won’t list #’s as a certain poster says I’m a liar and bragger . But I’ve read of people in the 130-150 app area already . Humama’s 90% of my business so far . I spent a huge amount of time on retention . Better watch your back door this yr there will be a ton of poaching of clients . Even though that humana part b giveback ain’t that good a product hard to say no to $100 a month

It ultimately doesn't matter what other agents do we all have different goals and circumstances.

But I think it can be helpful for those who are pushing their business forward to see other numbers.

For example, saw a leaderboard recently with huge numbers from agents that I know. I see that and don't think "they're lying" I see it and think "how can I make my systems better and do bigger numbers while retaining sanity."

All that to say post away, who cares why not.

Been doing this the last 7 years. I see the stupid numbers every year and I always laugh. What matters is what sticks and what is paid. It becomes even more entertaining when comp time comes and those big numbers go POOF!

Post was not intended to brag or perch myself above anyone else. Simply a barometer. I've had a slower start this year due to technical issues.

It ultimately doesn't matter what other agents do we all have different goals and circumstances.

I agree.

In the past when I was part of an agency we had 2x weekly meetings that were boring and unproductive. Monday was supposed to fire us up to go out and sell . . . Friday was to brag about how much you sold. What a waste of time and effort.

I don't give a flip what others sell or how much. Bragging is for folks who are insecure.

That being said, I am investing more in lead generation than in the past, but it is more tweaking to see what does and doesn't work. I could do fine from organic leads and referrals, but decided a couple of years ago to create business write offs by investing in growth. It is a long term play and, with exception of paid FB ads, has resulted in first year break even.

I don't do anything special for retention other than a monthly newsletter with tips and information clients don't get anywhere else. The grim reaper is the biggest threat to my block and there is nothing I can do to stop that.

I don't do anything special for retention other than a monthly newsletter with tips and information clients don't get anywhere else.

You don't give that monthly newsletter enough credit. That is something special for retention and referrals.

Back