MA AEP

So far, I’m at zero MA’s for Jan 1st. In my county, I have 1 MA PPO with a skinny network, $10k MOOP, out of network. New in my county this year, I have 4 MA HMO’s. The providers are in the county to the north of mine. Hahahaha....

I think I need to hire an agent to "retain and answer questions." This AEP, I'm drowning.

My son told me today I need to be a consultant . Lol . An assistant can’t answer the questions of most clients . Your going to have to find a pretty smart agent that can’t sell a lick and pay him $50 k plus . My strategy of calling all clients after 2 letters went out seems to have worked so far .I’ve gotten very few customer calls . I was calling about 12-15 clients an hr on avg 10-12 hrs a day for 3 straight weeks . Since only a few changes I went over their plans quickly .

My son told me today I need to be a consultant . Lol . An assistant can’t answer the questions of most clients . Your going to have to find a pretty smart agent that can’t sell a lick and pay him $50 k plus . My strategy of calling all clients after 2 letters went out seems to have worked so far .I’ve gotten very few customer calls . I was calling about 12-15 clients an hr on avg 10-12 hrs a day for 3 straight weeks . Since only a few changes I went over their plans quickly .

Did you just throw them on a dialer?

I tried a survey type thing and I'm not a fan.

My biggest issue is I don't want to talk to them before I have the summary of benefits and a planfinder ready. We did gather Rx updated early.

But here's the problem. My clients aren't always the brightest.

"Fill out the HIPAA compliant form with your up to date Rx list."

They fill out stuff - and I'd compare to what I have in S&S, and there are 4 meds missing. So we call. OHHHHH, yeah, I forgot about Eliquis!!! Guess I should'a put that on my list....
Yeah...
The form gives instructions. Look at the bottle. Spell correctly. Add dosage. Super sketchy results. Amlerfinine was my favorite.

Or we used a form for Provider lists too. I asked for full name of doctors and location. Got things like "Dr Smith Columbus". Can't make this up.

Multiple (many!) Mis spelled doctor names. My assistant is doing a lot of the data entry and doctor lookups. I'd get results and see Client XYZ has 2 doctors in 0 networks... Then look into it and see the client mis spelled... Or whatever.

It's all just busywork that prevents new business. But it's not like we can just ignore it and not do it.

I saw someone say to hire a full time assistant for every 500 clients. That seems excessive but maybe I do need more help, I'm over 1300 active (not really sure exactly numbers). Probably time for an LOA?

I need an introverted agent who discovered he/she doesn't like prospecting but doesn't hate the job itself...

They fill out stuff - and I'd compare to what I have in S&S, and there are 4 meds missing. So we call. OHHHHH, yeah, I forgot about Eliquis!!! Guess I should'a put that on my list....
Yeah...
The form gives instructions. Look at the bottle. Spell correctly. Add dosage. Super sketchy results. Amlerfinine was my favorite.

My Rx request is reasonably simple . . .

Exact name & dosage of each medication
How often filled and quantity
Preferred pharmacy
Name of your current Part D carrier

What I get . . .

2 blue pills, 3 white ones and nose spray
I only refill when I run out . . . can't afford to stockpile medication
Grocery store pharmacy
That Walmart plan

Who the heck has time for new people??? They don’t even get a slot til the 2nd week in Nov

At 1300, you need help. Even if it’s someone to just answer the phone and check/ return voicemails.

I want everyone done by Thanksgiving. Except if they are in the middle of stuff, I have Dec 1 blocked for them and they get a slot on that day. Usually they are done and the lists are finalized by then, but just in case.

Couldn't agree more. Success (Corrected) is relative.

That may not have been your intention, but my first thought when I saw your post is that you wanted a place to brag. Rather than posting numbers, how about stating what you are doing to get those numbers? I think that would be helpful. For example, my sales have increased because of referrals.

For some reason, I have not received the notices that a reply has happened to the thread. That said, I apologize for the delayed response.

What am I doing:

Referrals, referrals and more referrals. EVERY SINGLE call even if I have to tell them to stay put with what they have.
Money
FMO with a marketing Co-Op
95 % Live transfers closing rate about 27.643%
Facebook marketing along with drip text and email marketing
Licensed in 21 States

No real order.

I'm having to do a 100% reset this year as I left a company I worked for in a call center environment after 6 almost 7 years. They served their purpose and when they no longer did, I fired them. This means a complete redesign and duplication of all systems I've been using for the noted time above. My own FB marketing, predictive dialing systems, lead vendors, CRMs and website development.

Been 100% on the phones for decades

Hope you found this more helpful then the replying response.

Back