MA dental question

policywunk

Guru
currently has MA UHC dental pays 100% fup to 1500 for dentures in 2024 but in 2023 pays 50% for dentures.They already have the temps but go back in january to in network dentist for permanent dentures.question

Will dentist bill under 2024 or 2023 benefits for the permanents?

I know most dental plans won't pay for services already in progress but was wondering if they switched to aetna ma for 1/1 with the 2000.00 dental reimbursement if they would care if work started before 1/1 ? Even if they will there is still the downside that charges will not be under the UHC contracted rates since aetna dental has no network.

currently has MA UHC dental pays 100% fup to 1500 for dentures in 2024 but in 2023 pays 50% for dentures.They already have the temps but go back in january to in network dentist for permanent dentures.question

I know most dental plans won't pay for services already in progress but was wondering if they switched to aetna ma for 1/1 with the 2000.00 dental reimbursement if they would care if work started before 1/1 ? Even if they will there is still the downside that charges will not be under the UHC contracted rates since aetna dental has no network.
if the work started before the policy started, they wont pay. but it wouldn't hurt to call the carrier to confirm. There have been times I was surprised for what they would pay

if the work started before the policy started, they wont pay. but it wouldn't hurt to call the carrier to confirm. There have been times I was surprised for what they would pay

normally i wouldn't ask if this is possible but Aetna dental is different in that they don't require justification for why dental work was done as long as there is legit ADA codes from a licensed dentist attached to the receipts for reimbursement.

I think Aetna will cover any work done in 2024. The only thing they won't cover is teeth whitening.

I remember a similar situation where I had to figure out the coverage details for ongoing dental work. It's tricky when benefits change from year to year.

In my experience, it's best to check directly with your insurance provider to clarify how they'll handle the billing for your permanent dentures. Sometimes, they might consider the start date of the work versus the coverage period. If you're considering switching to Aetna MA, it's worth exploring how they handle ongoing treatments too.

For more insights on dental insurance and coverage nuances, you might find some helpful tips on https://meetmydentist.com/blog/.

Last edited:
Back