Some good dental plans for family’s ?

That’s why I’m specifying Individual Dental Plans. Where someone proactively seeked out and pays for the coverage.
Group dental plans can work because some people who have it won’t use it.
Thank you. I was questioning the validity of using an opinion about the utilization of Group Dental Insurance to justify an opinion about the utilization of Individual Dental Plans---but I have no experiences or knowledge to use in addressing the concern.

Most plans that cover 2-cleanings and a set of x-rays each year cost about the same as paying for 2-cleanings and a set of X-rays. Because people don’t buy dental coverage if they aren’t going to use them.
It seems to me the Dental Insurance Plans will always cost more than 2 cleanings and 2 sets of bitewings and 2 exams.

I think the lowest maximum benefit plans -- say in the $500 to $800 range have to allow for the two cleanings and two sets of bitewings and two exams, but also "profit" and "recordkeeping and administrative cost recovery" and maybe one or two fillings over some large policy holder database. They can limit the preventive category of the plan to the cleanings and toss the bitewings into basic along with fillings--and all the charges in basic will be subject to a deductible. There will be no major coverage at all. The coverage for the exams can also be very carefully structured and restricted. (sorry, but it's been too long, off the top of my head I can't remember exactly how they do that.)

And of course, their 70% to 100% payments are going to be tied to that plan's specific allowed amounts for the services.

There’s one that exists in my area. It’s only $34/month. It’s the only one I’ve ever seen with coverage limits that high. Mutual of Omaha.
in another thread, @goillini52 told me Manhattan and Aetna had plans with $5k limits.

Today I learned that NCD has a MetLife plan with an annual limit of $10K. you could probably ask @Sam about that if you have a reason to be interested.

I can't tell you anything about any of those.

I have been using Humana and Manhattan life for a while depending on needs and budget. Just wrote a couple and their kid with Humana dental, came to $99 a month, 100% preventative services, 80% basic services, 50% major services. They have cheaper plans as well, down to about $35/month for the same scenario above.

I know dental is considered “horrible”, but what’s worse is sending someone to the dentist without insurance and getting a $3000 dental bill and put on a payment plan.
they'll still get a 3K dental bill with the 50 % copay, premiums, and what isn't covered. Implants for instance

Back