Manhattan E-app Phone Interview

This client is a long time friend who has recommended several people who became clients. He has been on his wife's plan for several years until she retired. Case is GI because he unwittingly signed up for A &B at age 65. Only option was GI. He completely ruled out MA.

So I get (almost) nothing on him but full comp on his wife (placed with a different carrier).

MLIC had the best plan F rate. It was my choice to use someone that essentially pays nothing.

Hey, pays better than Assurant.

FWIW, this is the only time I will write a no-comp app. I would rather not write any since the same liability and service is required as one that pays regular comp.

When I get a GI situation I explain the carriers don't want that kind of business and tell them most pay $0. I will quote them a plan F rate on a carrier that does pay at least 50% of regular comp but will also quote the lowest rate even if from a carrier I don't represent. If they want the lower rate they should enroll direct with the carrier. More often then not that is what they do.

Somewhat random question....

I just watched a training on Manhattan's e-app.
We really "sign" the app by entering their mother's maiden name? i.e., there is no point when the client physically types in a name?

This seems odd...

But, if I'm understanding it correctly, then it's cool because we don't have to guide them on how to access it in their e-mail or anything like that...

We really "sign" the app by entering their mother's maiden name?

Yep, first one I did when I looked at the PDF I thought it was wrong because mo maiden was on the sig line. Went back and read the instructions again and that's the way it is.

It's actually a pretty good system. I still like New Era and Equitable better but not bad ......... at least until the blow up.

Back