Manning Joins List of Insurance Pitchmen

Not sure on where you are from (I didn't look to see if it was listed anywhere), but Nationwide has a history of being very competitive in most markets, unless you are currently written with a county mutual or something similar.

Here, we write a LOT of Allied, and can offer better coverage's, give a better product, and still typically save people money. Not to mention they have a great claims team - and yes, I do drink the Koolaid - I used to work for their corporate office once upon a time.

I have no idea if they are competitive or not. I hate NASCAR and I got tired of a steady diet of Dale Jr. on my screen when they used him.

I just never felt the desire to call them up. No real idea why.

But then, anyone who thinks branding is going to make their phone ring is missing half the picture. The real advantage is when an agent from that company calls you. Then you recognize the name and are more likely to listen.

I have no idea if they are competitive or not. I hate NASCAR and I got tired of a steady diet of Dale Jr. on my screen when they used him.

I just never felt the desire to call them up. No real idea why.

But then, anyone who thinks branding is going to make their phone ring is missing half the picture. The real advantage is when an agent from that company calls you. Then you recognize the name and are more likely to listen.

You are correct, most of the advertising that was done on those commercials is for name recognition more than sales. However, Nationwide, like most companies, does have a call center where they sell over the phone that might have been advertised with that.

And yes, I agree with your branding comment as well. In my area, you'd have trouble finding 5% of the population in our 3 main counties we write in, that are doing business over the phone (call center) versus using a local agent. Some agencies might pawn people off to the call center for changes (we don't), but that's still different than calling a number, giving your info to someone you've never met, and getting a quote/buying your insurance.

Back