MAPDs that “up” their renewal commissions every year

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I know that this was a topic mentioned before, but think that it bears repeating. Due to some carriers constant “upgrading” of their plans, I’ll have the opportunity to either do plan changes within the same carrier, which will result in higher comp for me and better plan for the mb. (Ex: $14.67 to $25.08). You can see how it would add up over time.
I’d rather place this business with MAs that match the going rate each year, all things being equal or better for the member.
Within the ones that I sell, the ones that I have noticed that do this are: Amerigroup (Anthem), Aetna and Wellcare (Centene).
Does anyone know if some of the others do this? UHC, Humana, Devoted or Cigna?

I know that this was a topic mentioned before, but think that it bears repeating. Due to some carriers constant “upgrading” of their plans, I’ll have the opportunity to either do plan changes within the same carrier, which will result in higher comp for me and better plan for the mb. (Ex: $14.67 to $25.08). You can see how it would add up over time.
I’d rather place this business with MAs that match the going rate each year, all things being equal or better for the member.
Within the ones that I sell, the ones that I have noticed that do this are: Amerigroup (Anthem), Aetna and Wellcare (Centene).
Does anyone know if some of the others do this? UHC, Humana, Devoted or Cigna?

With UHC anything written after 1/2020 automatically gets bumped up to most recent renewal rate .This includes plan changes unless enrollment is done by UHC employee telesales then it remains at original pre 2020 commission rate however I have seen a few enrollments completed by telesales on pre 2020 business get bumped up to new rate.

Humana made the change 2-3 years ago as well. Anything written prior to the change stays at the old rate (I still get $13.XX for a dozen or so people still) but written after that gets the new rates.

Pretty nice we actually get yearly raises now on MAPD plans. 700 clients equals $9800/year raise. Not to mention all the ones written last AEP and throughout the year start paying renewals also. Gotta love the insurance industry.

Humana made the change 2-3 years ago as well. Anything written prior to the change stays at the old rate (I still get $13.XX for a dozen or so people still) but written after that gets the new rates.
So anything written will automatically get new rate? I think renewals will be $23.91-ish per enrollment starting January. At least that's what I thought before the increase. What are they supposed to be now?

A little confused. Still newb at this in 1st year. :)

So anything written will automatically get new rate? I think renewals will be $23.91-ish per enrollment starting January. At least that's what I thought before the increase. What are they supposed to be now?

A little confused. Still newb at this in 1st year. :)

$25.08 next yr . Automatically.

Back