Marketing 101 for Insurance Agents

The web site is an honest attempt to generate term life insurance leads. Is there anyone that can give helpful advise?
Hi Leshiener,

If indeed the site is an honest attempt to generate traffic and sincere leads for your business, I apologize for making fun. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Clean the site up!
In other words, make it clear what you're trying to offer. Do away with all the garbage links that do nothing more than confuse your audience, in what seems to be a poor attempt at generating revenue for you through the 'garbage-link-program'. It's hard to take the site for a serious insurance site, but rather a site designed to do nothing more than fleece the unsuspecting surfer of their personal information and possibly money. Clean the site up!

2. List your contact information CLEARLY.
After you've created a site that is professional (not in the 'world's oldest profession' kind of professional), make sure you have clearly listed your physical contact information; this will help build trust. Obviously list your email address, but also your telephone, fax, and mailing address. Do not forget the name of your company! If I would decide to actually leave MY contact information on a website, I would certainly want to know who is getting it. List your contact information CLEARLY.

There is a TON of other suggestions that can be offered to streamline your web business, but this should be enough for you to ponder and do for now...if you truely want to create an 'honest' and sincere attempt at a user friendly website.

Be safe,
Jim Rhino

Hey There Leshiener...

I'm fairly new to all of this but I am interested in including a website in my own marketing plan. My feeling after taking a look at your site is that it seems to have very little to do with insurance...How did you come up with that format?? How do the non-insurance links help you? Are they a part of some other business??

My agency is working towards getting the majority of our new business from referrals. We have a giftcard program. We also push towards the best customer service ever provided. Follow-up is key. People today are used to waiting forever and never getting a call back. They are always happy when we quickly provide solutions.

Hey There Leshiener...

I'm fairly new to all of this but I am interested in including a website in my own marketing plan. My feeling after taking a look at your site is that it seems to have very little to do with insurance...How did you come up with that format?? How do the non-insurance links help you? Are they a part of some other business??

Thank you for the feed back, I can see why the negative feedback. My site is at: familyquote.net

Les Hiener

Hmmm...back to the subject - I like the marketing tips! Seminars and webinars are great to get leads. I would add social media and social network marketing to the mix. Create Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. pages. Or why not start a YouTube channel and offer insurance tips and advice? This has worked great for a local lawyer I know...

For marketing...
try both conventional and online methods. Dont discount the opportunity to get thousands of leads and referrals over the Internet.

Never say die! It's the attitude you must maintain in this kind of business.

As for the marketing plan pie chart - Why not just stick with 2-3 things that work really well for you instead of 5-6 things that work okay. I would think that focusing on those things that work best for you will reap great results.

Guys come on. In a previous life I did some internet marketing work. This guy's site familyquote is just a link farm. Every time one of you goes to his site and clicks on a link he gets paid. Stop going to his site. It's kind of like feeding the pigeons -- don't do it.

Back