Marketing In Person

What's so odd about them?

Have you worked any FE leads lately?

Hopefully one of them will email me and ask me to come over.

For the record, this is one of my pet peeves. E-mail, imo, is to confirm or convey, it is not an effective prospecting or first touch medium. Yes, I know some term by phone or guy will come along and say he's closed x number of cases by email, but that was likely the prospect making a first touch as the result of a marketing message. Of course that will work sometimes, because the sales guy would be stupid not to respond and move that deal along to close. But how many thousands, tens of thousands, millions of emails have been sent out by some sales-schmuck hoping for the orders to just fill their in-boxes.

You want to summarize our conversation? Fine. Send me an email.

You want to confirm out meeting for tomorrow at 2 PM that we just set by phone? Fine. Semd me an e-mail.

You want to send me an interesting article from thinkadvisor? Fine. Send me an email.

You have the PA app for Cincinnati life I need right now and you saw my cry fro help on the forum? Yes! Please! Send me that email!

You want to set an appointment with me to discuss my financial plan for paying for my 2 year old's eventual college tuition? lol - you can send me that e-mail. But I'm going to meet with the guy or gal who has confidence enough to knock my door or ring my phone.

Have you worked any FE leads lately?

For the record, this is one of my pet peeves. E-mail, imo, is to confirm or convey, it is not an effective prospecting or first touch medium. Yes, I know some term by phone or guy will come along and say he's closed x number of cases by email, but that was likely the prospect making a first touch as the result of a marketing message. Of course that will work sometimes, because the sales guy would be stupid not to respond and move that deal along to close. But how many thousands, tens of thousands, millions of emails have been sent out by some sales-schmuck hoping for the orders to just fill their in-boxes.

You want to summarize our conversation? Fine. Send me an email.

You want to confirm out meeting for tomorrow at 2 PM that we just set by phone? Fine. Semd me an e-mail.

You want to send me an interesting article from thinkadvisor? Fine. Send me an email.

You have the PA app for Cincinnati life I need right now and you saw my cry fro help on the forum? Yes! Please! Send me that email!

You want to set an appointment with me to discuss my financial plan for paying for my 2 year old's eventual college tuition? lol - you can send me that e-mail. But I'm going to meet with the guy or gal who has confidence enough to knock my door or ring my phone.
Took me a long time to give in to communicating by text. First with my sons. Later with clients. Now I have several clients who prefer texts to calls. But I’ve noticed an interesting trend. As text messaging was growing in popularity, people that would ignore my calls would always respond to a text. Nowadays they’re ignoring my texts, too!:mad:

Back